I am New

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToRmEnTeD

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and just wanted to post a big hello to my fellow ohio folks. I am from Germantown ,Ohio ... Anyone else from my area ?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Welcome to the board, you'll find its a great place for scanning information.
I'm just a few miles away in Franklin.

ToRmEnTeD

Thanks

Hey man thanks for the links and yea franklin is really not far at all..
This place is cool i have already found alot of frequiencies that i did not have..Not sure if some are actually what they say but i found them...Alot of freqs are labled as being ownd by germantown but its west carrollton and other local cities that are using them, I might just not understand what i am looking at yet also...lol

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I'm not sure of the timetable, but Germantown is planning to move to the
Montgomery County 800 MHz TRS. Germantown, German Township and Brookville
and New Lebanon are the only agencies not yet on the county system.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=406

Currently using:

Code:
155.52000   158.85000      WQR569      RM      114.8 PL    1      Germantown Police
153.51500   153.51500      KNDP282     BM      103.5 PL    2      Germantown Police 2
155.70000   154.65000      WPMM938     BM      103.5 PL           German Township Police (Encrypted)
155.82000   153.93500      KQK357      RM      103.5 PL           Germantown Fire 
159.42000   156.04500      KDA654      RM      141.3 PL           Germantown EMS Dispatch
Mark

ToRmEnTeD

Jackson twp

I don't know much about whats what yet ..I have been just trying to get all of germantown and farmersvilles police fire and ems..I cant seem to find Jackson Township's (farmersville police) frequiencies...None seem to be listed . I know that the farmersville fire and ems is dispatched thru Brookville but are the police also? I seem to not like hearing about the towns that are not super close..I guess i am more nosey than anything lol

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
ToRmEnTeD said:
I cant seem to find Jackson Township's (farmersville police) frequiencies...None seem to be listed . I know that the farmersville fire and ems is dispatched thru Brookville but are the police also? I seem to not like hearing about the towns that are not super close..I guess i am more nosey than anything lol
They don't have their own frequencies.
Jackson Township Police are dispatched by the Sheriff's Office on the Montogomery County TRS.
They use the JOHN desiginator on the county SO talkgroups.

Brookville PD dispatches for Brookville PD, New Lebanon PD and Perry Township PD.

ToRmEnTeD

radioscan said:
They don't have their own frequencies.
Jackson Township Police are dispatched by the Sheriff's Office on the Montogomery County TRS.
They use the JOHN desiginator on the county SO talkgroups.

Brookville PD dispatches for Brookville PD, New Lebanon PD and Perry Township PD.

So you have to listen to montgomery county to be able to hear jackson township ? That kinda sucks..I like to just listen to what i like.
Anyway to just listen to them ?

k9gunner

Radioscan, what do you use or suggest for a home antenna? I am just north of you in Brookville. Looking for VHF range.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
k9gunner said:
Radioscan, what do you use or suggest for a home antenna? I am just north of you in Brookville. Looking for VHF range.
I use two outside antennas; A Diamond D-130J Discone that I have had since 1987, and
a RS Scantenna I bought about 6 years afo on closeout. Both work fine for me, the Scantenna is better on VHF than the Diamond.
The Diamond is a bit better for the higher bands.

RS no longer sells the Scantenna, but here is a very similar antenna being sold by
Universal Radio in Columbus:

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/scanants/2732.html

Here is the Diamond D-130J:

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/scanants/2405.html

Basically weight what you want to listen for vs how much you want to spend on it.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
ToRmEnTeD said:
So you have to listen to montgomery county to be able to hear jackson township ? That kinda sucks..I like to just listen to what i like.
Anyway to just listen to them ?
With a trunktracking scanner you can set up an ID list for only those talkgroups used by
JTPD. However, since they are on the SO talkgroups, you will hear the other agencies that
are dispatched by MCSO.

That's just the ways things are now.

ToRmEnTeD

Yea i am starting to understand that. I have been reading about the talk groups and i have seen alot of sites with talk group IDs listed but i dont understand what i do with the ID's ...I have a cheap RadioShack Pro-94

Status
Not open for further replies.