BCT15X: I Believe I blew out my BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

rswagerson

Hello, I just hooked up a cb radio and I was transmiting in car with my antennas very close together. I was testing it out alone so I put my scanner on close call and was recieving through my scanner. I dont know why but I was having fun with it and kept keying up the cb mic. Now my scanner will not pick up anything except my cb on close call. About an hour later a friend with a bcd996xt came around and was picking everything I normally do but I wasnt, and after resetting it, messing with all the settings, I still couldnt pick anything up. I bought the scanner new through amazon about 2 months ago so its still warrantied but Im just hoping there is someone who can confirm this is probably why it wont pick anything up. Thanks.

JamesO

Near field RF probably damaged the first stage amplifier or mixer in the scanner.

You need at least 3 feet., preferably more, between the antennas for isolation.

What kind of antenna distance were the antenna when this happened?

Even with the scanner turned, if the antennas were too close together, the scanner could be damaged.

rswagerson

The antennas are right next to eachother, Lol. Scanner is a window mount antenna on the rear window and the cb is on a special metal mount inbetween the cab and bed (pickup truck). I'll move the antennas for the future, but thank you for telling me of what probably went wrong,

Status
Not open for further replies.