I bought an SL7550 that appears to be old Disney World property

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Our Div Chiefs, Asst Chiefs, and Chief of Dept. are using Sonim Cell Phones on ATT First Net and talking on our 450-460mhz UHF conventional system with them. We have about 20 in use.

U2flyer

First I want to say I am not from FL or live in FL so my info may not be correct, however I was in EPCOT today and there was not a TRBO radio in sight. I saw management type people with Sonim XP8s and regular workers with XP5s. I do not know who the cell provider is however EVERY cast member had one. All also had Iphones as well. I did see two restaurants running what appeared to be Motorola older DTR radios but I can’t be sure. They were using them from front to back of house comms. I saw hardly any security so I was not able to catch what they had and I assume reedy creek still runs p25. I hope this is helpful.

Firebuff880

First I want to say I am not from FL or live in FL so my info may not be correct, however I was in EPCOT today and there was not a TRBO radio in sight. I saw management type people with Sonim XP8s and regular workers with XP5s. I do not know who the cell provider is however EVERY cast member had one. All also had Iphones as well. I did see two restaurants running what appeared to be Motorola older DTR radios but I can’t be sure. They were using them from front to back of house comms. I saw hardly any security so I was not able to catch what they had and I assume reedy creek still runs p25. I hope this is helpful.

You will no longer see MOTOTRBO with Cast with the exception of a few simplex units here and there. They have always used some DTR's in restaurants and a few places that were basically a fancy faraday cage because of the construction or they never needed to talk beyond the building. The Sonim's are all on ATT.

Firebuff880

A small group of Disney user's will stay on the radio system, I heard Disney land is going wave/lte

NOPE - As of 12/31/2020 there is no MOTOTRBO system in Orlando. ALL of the repeaters have been powered down and removed from all of the sites. There are a very small number of cast members who will have MOTOTRBO subscriber gear but it will only have Simplex operation. An Disneyland is NOT going "wave/lte", but there is a plan if and when the park reopens.

==============

Robert831

So are we able to confirm via pictures of sonim units that Disney has officially changed over to sonim units on ATT? I know ATT is the official wireless carrier of WDW.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I'm a little late to the party but I too have an SL7550 I use on DMR that came from Disney. Had my buddy get it and program it up for me and he said it was a Disney radio when he first read it. Works great & I love it's size.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I once came back to my room at Disney to find two security officers and a hotel manager leaving. Turns out maintenance was in my room fixing a reported problem and noticed my SL7550. I guess he thought it was suspicious and called it in.

Ended up getting a meal comp'd at an expensive Disney restaurant for my wife and myself for the inconvenience.

KO4LCM

Premium Subscriber
TRBO is all but dead at WDW. One of the buses had a leftover Motorola on it and it just displayed "Out of Range", so it would seem all of the repeaters have been taken down except the WD4WDW amateur DMR repeater. 90% or more of operations have been moved to ATT Enhanced PTT which is over LTE. Most users have Sonim XP5 or XP8 phones, although I've seen a few XP3s floating around in specific departments.

Exceptions are Reedy Creek who is still rightfully on their P25 system, and bus operations which are using something called Celrado by Clever Devices which is designed specifically for transit, but still runs on the ATT LTE network. Bus dispatchers use a PC console with a gooseneck mic and foot pedal, and employees who are mobile and not on a bus have XP8s with the Celrado app on them.

I won't say exactly how I know ;) but you'll just have to take my word for it.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Does anyone still have the Disney codeplug? I'd like to take a look at it just for curiosity as to how they set up their system.

And, yes, I do have a subscription to the TRBO CPS.

W6VVM

I pulled it off the radio and am happy to share. I'm assuming it doesn't violate any RR terms considering the system is depreciated and the privacy keys are redacted. I'll wait a day for any moderators to object.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I pulled it off the radio and am happy to share. I'm assuming it doesn't violate any RR terms considering the system is depreciated and the privacy keys are redacted. I'll wait a day for any moderators to object.
Codeplugs are fine, the actual programming software is what is licensed by motorola.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Go ahead and post it. The encryption and RAS key are not read out of the radio so there will be nothing to redact.

Status
Not open for further replies.