I bought my Provoice update, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes_tornado

I finally brought myself to purchasing the Uniden ProVoice upgrade for my BCD436HP scanner. I installed it, and everything seems nice and dandy until I don't know what to do! I am rather new to this radio situation, and this forum has been my main source of information for my questions regarding my wild gadget! Anyways, I installed the update on my scanner, and everything is going fine! Problem is, where are all of those ECADS channels that I paid for? Are they already in the scanning cycle? Whenever I turn my scanner on, it seems to be stuck on this Public Safety - USA 'Full Database'. It won't stop scanning the Common Public Safety - EMS-MED Channels, it seems to just loop. I want action, police, and fire! But it doesn't seem to want to leave this ems channel(s). I am quite confused and would appreciate some help from the community!

Thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
Can we assume you've installed the most current firmware via Sentinel?

Also ,it isn't clear how you've programmed your radio - sounds like you are using the full database. Did you enter your zip code? You may also want to look at the "range" value for the full database use.

If you really want to hear the county police and fire (assuming the RRDB is correct and they still are clear ProVoice talkgroups), you probably should use Sentinel to create a favorites list containing that system and copy it to your radio (vs. using the full database).

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Chill

I finally brought myself to purchasing the Uniden ProVoice upgrade for my BCD436HP scanner. I installed it, and everything seems nice and dandy until I don't know what to do! I am rather new to this radio situation, and this forum has been my main source of information for my questions regarding my wild gadget! Anyways, I installed the update on my scanner, and everything is going fine! Problem is, where are all of those ECADS channels that I paid for? Are they already in the scanning cycle? Whenever I turn my scanner on, it seems to be stuck on this Public Safety - USA 'Full Database'. It won't stop scanning the Common Public Safety - EMS-MED Channels, it seems to just loop. I want action, police, and fire! But it doesn't seem to want to leave this ems channel(s). I am quite confused and would appreciate some help from the community!

Thanks!

Calm down, chill out, you don't want to sound like yours truly in the morning.

At this time, the RR DB shows that your county has not activated the dreaded "E" mode. Consider yourself lucky. I work in Temple, Texas where there are two PV systems. One is associated with Bell County LE while the other is associated with Temple VA.

Since I have paid for my radio, it has been "rock and roll" time in Temple. Wow, I am getting the impression that the police aren't as concerned about their transmissions going out, particularly when only two digital scanners models can hear them. To me, they are more apt to open communication instead of encrypting everything like Ft. Worth, Texas. I am quite certain Ft. Worth Sanitation is encrypted, I haven't checked yet.

Back to you: 1) first, look and see that the upgrade has been loaded into the radio. Click on menu (side of radio), and then rotate the knob on top to find settings. When you find setting through rotation, then press the volume knob and setting will open up. Use the rotation knob to go down to upgrades. This should appear after "adjust key beep" and "set clock." Click on "upgrade" and see if you find it. Then click on upgrade to see if it is listed. You "should" find upgrade PV.

If PV is present, then you can create a Favorites list for your listening area. It sounds like have your radio in close call mode since it is searching the environment.

You are listening to the Full DB. You can turn this off by going to "Menu", then "scan selection. Once you find "scan selection" go down to "select lists to monitor." Click on this by the rotation knob and hit the knob again when you find "Full Database." You can activate the rotation knob and then turn off the full DB. I would caution on this move because it is assuming you have correctly programmed your radio.

If you like, I can forward a Favorites list to you and you can then insert it into the radio. The best feedback is opening Sentinel and looking to see what is inside your radio. You can do this by "read from scanner."

You can compare your work to examples of others. There are many You Tubes to watch on making Favorites.

Again, let me know, I will gladly program and email it to you. But, you need to PM me and give me your email so that I can send you the file. Looks like you have a robust listening environment.

Don't throw in the towel. Here is your point of reference: Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

jakes_tornado

I have done all of the necessary/basic things. My only problem is to actually start receiving these services. Even after selecting my desired services, I am still not receiving the frequencies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Be sure to read the news item at this link pertaining about the switch to P25 digital from provoice.
It is shown as the only provoice system in Hawaii.
Honolulu County Public Safety System Trunking System, Various, Hawaii - Scanner Frequencies

Here is the list of all provoice for the entire U.S.-
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=3&sType=11

You can find these by going to the very bottom left and under Retrieve Systemwide Reports RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

jakes_tornado

Be sure to read the news item at this link pertaining about the switch to P25 digital from provoice.
It is shown as the only provoice system in Hawaii.
Honolulu County Public Safety System Trunking System, Various, Hawaii - Scanner Frequencies

Here is the list of all provoice for the entire U.S.-
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?rpt=3&sType=11

You can find these by going to the very bottom left and under Retrieve Systemwide Reports RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Thanks for this helpful information!

Status
Not open for further replies.