Pro-528: I broke my Pro 528

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryCo4

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I recently was trying to do a discriminator tap on my scanner and accidentally popped off one of the surface mount capacitors. I know I should have soldered my wire to pin 9. The problem is I have no clue what the value of the cap was. If any of you know the value or know where to get the info I would greatly appreciate it!
Here is a link to a diagram, the capacitor is C228: http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v87/p1546307368-4.jpg

anderd

Hi all,
I recently was trying to do a discriminator tap on my scanner and accidentally popped off one of the surface mount capacitors. I know I should have soldered my wire to pin 9. The problem is I have no clue what the value of the cap was. If any of you know the value or know where to get the info I would greatly appreciate it!
Here is a link to a diagram, the capacitor is C228: http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v87/p1546307368-4.jpg

Mine is testing as 100nf, looks like its a 0603 package size...

anderd

Thanks for the info! Do you know if it is a metric size or not? Also do you know if the voltage matters? I found some but i'm not sure they are the right ones.
GRM188R71C104KA01D Murata Electronics North America | Capacitors | DigiKey
GRM033R61A104KE15D Murata Electronics North America | Capacitors | DigiKey

Ok, i got home early today (was half asleep last night) and noticed my battery was dead in my Fluke, changed them, checked pulled cap again and its not in the range of my meter sadly. I dont currently have access to a meter with better resolution at the moment :( So my previous posts information is not going to help. I need to solder this tiny thing back in before i lose mine lol. I wish you luck, ive been trying to find a service manual for it for awhile now with now luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.