I Call Freq - Las Vegas Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdtek1969

Anyone in Vegas know what I Call & I Tac is ?

Any activity on these latley ?

I Call 155.1450
I Tac 1 [Coverage East & Southwest Clark County] 154.2650
I Tac 2 [Coverage South Urban Vegas to Searchlight] 154.2800
I Tac 3 [Coverage Northwest & SouthernClark County] 154.2950
I Tac 4 [Coverage Urban Las Vegas / Boulder City] 156.0750

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

These actually national standards:
Icall 866.0125
ITac1 866.5125
ITac2 867.0125
ITac3 867.5125
ITac4 868.0125

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Are those repeater outputs or is icall stuff simplex? Are there pl tones?

sigint1

Was: joking
None of those replies apply to the question.

WNXP249 (Las Vegas Metropolitan Police) FCC Callsign Details

Looks like the lack of info in the RRDB means these are not used?

I was mainly replying to the question from bikinjohn - I live in Reno area so I don't know how much activity there would be but I would guess very little - they are designed to be used to facilitate interagency communications on major incidents or used as backup in case trunked systems go down - only time I ever heard one used here was when a FBI Supervisor from Utah hit a deer East of Reno on a holiday - he couldn't raise anyone on their freq so he called in on one of the 800mhz freqs - Regards

hpycmpr

Looking at the FCC search 155.145 is licensed to the state and LV Metro PD. Looks like a mutual aid channel. The first three tac channels are national fire mutual aid channels and the last channel in California, at least, is an on-scene coordination channel. It appears to be a set of mutual aid channels but I Call and I Tac is an 800 MHz mutual aid allocation as stated earlier. Since I'm in CA I can't be more detailed.

Steve

bikinjohn

Anyone in Vegas know what I Call & I Tac is ?

Any activity on these latley ?

I Call 155.1450
I Tac 1 [Coverage East & Southwest Clark County] 154.2650
I Tac 2 [Coverage South Urban Vegas to Searchlight] 154.2800
I Tac 3 [Coverage Northwest & SouthernClark County] 154.2950
I Tac 4 [Coverage Urban Las Vegas / Boulder City] 156.0750

Sorry about the blast from the past but I just found this out when I ran my "duplicate channel finder" on FreeSCAN.

These VHF ITAC channels are the same as the Fire simplex White channels which are the same as the nationwide fire channels:
ITAC1 - WHITE 2 - VFIRE22
ITAC2 - WHITE 1 - VFIRE21
ITAC3 - WHITE 3 - VFIRE23

cdtek, where did you find these frequencies and their coverage? I remember seeing something before which I am guessing was a repeater coverage map but I have no idea how to find it again.

So if Metro is using these as ITAC channels they should be using the VTAC standard frequencies and not the VFIRE frequencies, correct?

And what's the difference between the I-CALL stuff and the 8CALL stuff? They have different frequencies, so which one is the standard and which ones would actually be used?

Last edited:

bikinjohn

That chart seems easier to follow, I was looking at this chart:
Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
So basically the I-Call / I-TAC 800mhz channels were established before the rebanding, and since the radio pow wow in '07 ( http://isicsb.iowa.gov/documents/NCC...menclature.pdf ) it's the 8CALL / 8TAC91 stuff?

So why is Metro using the "White" fire channels for their ICALL stuff, and why are they not using VLAW or VTAC frequencies?

Last edited:

Dick33

Those national 800 mhz channels are linked to those VHF Metro channels. One of them was the old Clark county VHF mutual aid channel. Those have been around for a long time since back in Metro's VHF days those were their way of interop with everyone else on 800 mhz. Not much if any activity on them. Also Metro’s FCC licensing is a joke at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.