I-Call wildcard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooney

I have programed my 396xt & 996xt with the I-Call wildcard group i00000 and put in " I-Call " as a group tag and also a channel tag but for some reason when I receive an I-Call the tags do not appear on my display. All I see is the System tag on the top line and the i***** radio ID on the second line. I have tried it with RID turned OFF and RID turned ON and I have tried all three display modes. Nothing works. Can anyone confirm this? It seems to only do this for the wildcard type of set-up because if you actually program for example i08045 as a group or channel you can assign a tag with RID "ON" and it will appear on the display.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Not sure if you know this already, but in ID-Search you don't need a wildcard for the XT models, only in the ID-Scan mode. When you tag the RID it will display the alpha tag programmed. Not sure what you mean by the "group" tag, but if the radio displays and iCall, you .should see the "iCall" alpha tag that you programmed for the wildcard. It sounds like your not seeing an iCall between two radios, but RID's are displayed when a normal talkgroup is active.

Status
Not open for further replies.