I-call

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
tspainiv said:
Sorry, none of the Radioshack scanners can recieve I-calls.
Except Pro-92 V1.

If you want to hear I-Calls on a 96, find out what freqs are used and program them (and only them) in a bank as FM and always scan that bank. Trunker will determine what freqs are used and some systems (my city) only use one freq.

Obviously a duty CC can't be used for I-Call, so if trunker does list a rotating CC, then you will need to lock it out in that bank when it has duty. If you don't have a way to find out which freqs are used, program all system freqs (including CC's) in a bank as FM and toggle the CC off/on each day.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Well the 92 version 1.0 "sort-of" gets them. If the I-Call radioID is divisible by 16 it showed up as an active talkgroup or 16 because of the nature of the Sub-audible Tracking method.

Kinda cool although to catch them, but it did not always produce both side of the comm. Just another bug.. er.. feature.

Using the conventional method on the 96/2096 is just too antiquated, IMHO. +;-)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Using the conventional method you would only know by the conversation because you wouldn't have a Talkgroup or RadioID to reference. As the comm changes between units you conventionally programed radio would resume scanning the voice frequencies and possibly lock onto a different talkgroup comm in process. You have no control except to keep pressing the scan button unless the I-Call is the only traffic on the system at the time. It's so much more easier just using a TrunkTracker with I-Call.

Status
Not open for further replies.