i calls for the 396 xt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

can someone in here please tell me how to listen to i calls in my 396 xt ? i dont know to turn it on, i know it says to enter the . and then a zero, but where do you do this ? and how ? can someone explain it to me in here so i can try it out tonight, thanks Danny...

KD4UXQ

i-call

can someone in here please tell me how to listen to i calls in my 396 xt ? i dont know to turn it on, i know it says to enter the . and then a zero, but where do you do this ? and how ? can someone explain it to me in here so i can try it out tonight, thanks Danny...

The trunk group ID is entered as .00000

notice the period before the zeros

after you enter the TGID it will show as i0

put this in one trunk group all by itself as you will not want to listen to it all the time.

Danny6569

i calls

ok so i just make a new group in one of my systems, and enter just the .00000 then that will pick up the i calls ? and then i lock that one group out if i dont wanna pick them up ? and i guess i would also have to have the scanner in search mode to pick any i calls up ? i am not familiar with this at all yet thats why im askin so much, i just wanna make sure im doing it right thanks.

KD4UXQ

Mostly right

ok so i just make a new group in one of my systems, and enter just the .00000 then that will pick up the i calls ? and then i lock that one group out if i dont wanna pick them up ? and i guess i would also have to have the scanner in search mode to pick any i calls up ? i am not familiar with this at all yet thats why im askin so much, i just wanna make sure im doing it right thanks.

You will want to lock out the i-call group most of the time as at least for me traffic is very busy. search mode is not required. the TGID of i00000 is a wild card and any i-call conversation will be heard. you will see the radio ID of each unit in the 2 way conversation on the LCD. i-call traffic is often interesting as the users think they are on a private channel.

Danny6569

i calls

ok thanks KD4UXQ i will try that and see what i can pick up, i thought you had to have it in search mode to pick up i calls, but thats good you dont, that way i can just listen to what i already have in my tgids, without everything else besides the i calls pop up.

ampulman

ok thanks KD4UXQ i will try that and see what i can pick up, i thought you had to have it in search mode to pick up i calls, but thats good you dont, that way i can just listen to what i already have in my tgids, without everything else besides the i calls pop up.

There was no mention of enabling I-Calls (system options), as in my 396T. Is this required for the XTs?

Amp

sjlamb

There was no mention of enabling I-Calls (system options), as in my 396T. Is this required for the XTs?

Amp

No... Just enter the wildcard in as you would any other talkgroup and I-Calls will be received so long as that talkgroup is not locked out. Best to setup a new group specifically for I-Calls with just a single TG ID of "i0" that can be turned on or off as desired.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Keep in mind that in the ID Search mode, you will not need a wildcard. ID Search mode picks up everything, including patches on the XT models. If you lockout the wildcard you won't hear them in ID Search or Scan.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I don't mean to butt in here, but on the 785D, 396T, and 996T the wildcard ID is 700000. Is it different on the XTs (,00000)?

I just did that with my 396T and it works the same... .00000 turns into 700000.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes, Uniden changed the iCall format on the XT models. The ID's now display as
they look on the trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.