I can never go back to a normal screen after this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I would enjoy looking at my radios,
if I had to go back to a non color screen .

Take a look and let me know if you agree or not

(I will synch the time on all radios)

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I don't think I would enjoy looking at my radios,
if I had to go back to a non color screen .

Take a look and let me know if you agree or not

(I will synch the time on all radios)
Color screens are great. I prefer the BLACK background myself.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How does the choice of colors work? Like for example is there both a background and foreground adjustment? I see you have some thing highlighted with a yellow and orange background.
Using Sentinel. Change the Target Model to SDS100 or SDS200 then you will see Edit Display under the Edit menu. Both the Text Colors and Back Colors can be edited.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
How does the choice of colors work? Like for example is there both a background and foreground adjustment? I see you have some thing highlighted with a yellow and orange background.
Yes you can adjust the background and the text color for most things. Download the Sentinel software and you can play with it even without a radio connected. On top tabs, go to Edit-Display

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
While I agree that being able to completely customize the screen is a nice feature the ocd in me could not look at that particular screen very long lol. But that is the nice thing because you can have it the way you like and I could have my monotone look lol. Lots of good info on those scanner screens for us technically minded but is there a way to turn most of that off for just "regular scanning" lol?
More like the screen on the HP 1&2?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
While I agree that being able to completely customize the screen is a nice feature the ocd in me could not look at that particular screen very long lol. But that is the nice thing because you can have it the way you like and I could have my monotone look lol. Lots of good info on those scanner screens for us technically minded but is there a way to turn most of that off for just "regular scanning" lol?
More like the screen on the HP 1&2?
Yes, you can make fields empty so they don't show any text.

N4DJC

I have a few things highlighted, when you get tired of a combination you can change it :)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
When I purchased my first SDS100 back in June of 2018, I played around with different color combinations, but in the end, I set everything back to the 'default' color settings that were in place when I received the radio. After selling it and then buying another one about a year later, I didn't make any changes to the color settings, although every now and then, I will switch to the black background with the white lettering.

:)

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
And because the color screen is so nice, boot up graphics can also be interesting:

Here we have the "crusty rusty biker"

N4DJC

Sure is fun experimenting with the various combinations...I’m easily amused though.

Status
Not open for further replies.