I can not reinstall the Sentinal Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I do need help I can not reinstall the Sentinal Software. The software was acting funny so I uninstalled and when i tired to reinstall it it said the object is already installed. I cleaned the registry and deleted everything Uniden.

joeuser

The Wretched
I do need help I can not reinstall the Sentinal Software. The software was acting funny so I uninstalled and when i tired to reinstall it it said the object is already installed. I cleaned the registry and deleted everything Uniden.
Clear your temp files & reboot.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I did try that and I used Ccleaner

I did try that and I used Ccleaner to clean the registry and all the temp files. I did a search for everthing with uniden and bcdx36hp It did not yield anything.

Hit_Factor

Is there more than "the object is already installed" to the error message. I would think there may be more than that in the message.

My guess is the .net framework is the problem. I'm pretty sure Sentinel uses version 2.0. Try reparing or un-installing this, reboot and re-instal Sentinel.

Maybe spend some time with Google to verify the framework version. Search for how to repair, download and install.

Microsoft online support may give you some help with this.

Registry cleaners often break the registry. I don't like to use them and have learned how to manually clean the reg.

brucewarming

I did an "Uninstall" myself last night, I went to the "Programs and Features" in the control panel. Brought up "Sentinel" uninstalled it. But then I was doing a search off the start menu, I found all sorts of Sentinel recordings, firmware updates, and every time I edited my Sentinel it saved the previous one. It surprised me so much was being held in files. I also found "Sentinel" in downloads, and a couple other places.

joeuser

The Wretched
I did an "Uninstall" myself last night, I went to the "Programs and Features" in the control panel. Brought up "Sentinel" uninstalled it. But then I was doing a search off the start menu, I found all sorts of Sentinel recordings, firmware updates, and every time I edited my Sentinel it saved the previous one. It surprised me so much was being held in files. I also found "Sentinel" in downloads, and a couple other places.
Yeah but that's not the issue here, those are user generated files & you may or may not want that deleted. Install routine logs the install - the uninstall reads that log.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I am at my end before i have to wipe my computer

So I went in to the registry and programs folder every folder on my computer and found some files and i deleted them as well I also tried to run the Microsoft Fixit. I did a restart every time. Is there a way to upload a screenshot of the dialog box were says object exists?

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
Here is the screen shot

Here is the screen shot.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 173

lost_in_maine

Do you have the option of trying to install Sentinel on a different drive? or even try a different folder?...
That should at least maybe show if there are any open files, that are still running in your botched version...
If that doesn't install then,..I would look at .NET as previously suggested

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I tried that

I tried to install in in a different folder and may renaming it but it did not work. So how do I look at the .NET?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Here's a reply I found through Googling the error message. Since I cannot duplicate the problem, I cannot verify whether this will work, but it seems a safe thing to try:

Hi guys.. I work for an I.T. group. our group has found KB2918614 corrupts MS installer and creates this issue.
Uninstalling KB2918614 and rebooting fixes this. Just to help out and prevent you guys from having to reinstall the OS.

Here is another thread discussing that same fix: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71726

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
Thank You

Thank You UpMan for the help that worked like a charm. I was about to just give up and reformat the computer you are awesome. Now I can put in a couple of new systems.

AC2OY

Glad you fixed your issue with a little help from our friends!! I think it's very cool that Paul(UPman) actually reads the threads on here and helps people out!! Very good stuff!! Makes me fell good that if I ever get into a major jam...for the most part things I do is just operator error so far.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I know

I am staring to really like this radio hobby. Now I just have to find some one local to teach me more about HAM radio so i can get my licenses. So far this has been the best community. So I want to thank everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.