I cant hear Millstadt, Illinois police on my BCD 536 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbooker

I have had my BCD 536HP scanner on for 4 days and nights and have not heard Millstadt, Illinois police at all. Ive heard Millstadt EMS on Starcom but no police. I live in town and only a few blocks from the tower.
Here is the info on RR.
155.83500 WSL894 BM
Mill PD C2C Police: Old Local (Now on SC21 TG7078) .... then it says "Depreciated"...????
I assume I will have to try to find TG7078..... HELP.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm not from Illinois but I believe SC21 is the Starcom21 system.

Look in it for talkgroup 7078.

usswood

just looking over the talkgroup list, I would say Millstadt pd is dispatched by the county on 7017 1b69 D SCC Sheriff St Clair County Sheriff: Dispatch 1 - Main

I would plug in TG 7017 and see what you hear

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Law dispatch 1 TG: 7017 is strictly St. Clair County Sheriffs dept.

Millstadt PD is on Law Dispatch 2 which should be TG: 7018

if they're not on that then try Law Dispatch 3 which is TG: 7021

their car to car is TG: 7078

PM me if you need any additional help i'm close to you

mrbooker

Millstadt

I had TG-7078 plugged for about 24 hrs....Nothing. I just sent the scanner back. Thanks for all of your help.
I have an older Radio Shack Pro-94 scanner. I dont suppose I could her Millstadt on that scanner huh.???

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
I had TG-7078 plugged for about 24 hrs....Nothing.

And you may not have, their car 2 car is just a "private" channel they can talk on and dispatch isn't bothered. They conduct all operations on Law Dispatch 2 = TG: 7018, their unit numbers are 60xx, the K9 is K9-30.

I have an older Radio Shack Pro-94 scanner. I dont suppose I could her Millstadt on that scanner huh.???

Not likely. Last I checked Law Dispatch 1 and Law Dispatch 2 weren't patched into the old VHF channels. At least where I am at I can't pick them up if they still are.

Fire Dispatch 1 is still patched to 154.190
Fire Dispatch 2 is still patched to 154.340

mrbooker

Millstadt

I wonder why RR said they were on TG-7078..?? Listening to Millstadt was one of my biggest reasons for buying the scanner. Oh well, I already sent the scanner back. I wonder if I started scanning VHF/UHF, if I could find them on their car 2 car? I know they dont talk on the fire channel.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
I wonder why RR said they were on TG-7078..??
because that is their car 2 car which they use to talk to each other off of dispatch. The Law dispatches have hundreds of radios on them at one time, many different agencies, they use the car 2 cars to talk Millstadt ops and not tie up the important dispatch channels.
Listening to Millstadt was one of my biggest reasons for buying the scanner. Oh well, I already sent the scanner back. I wonder if I started scanning VHF/UHF, if I could find them on their car 2 car?

No, as I stated earlier their car 2 car is on TG 7078 it is not patched.

I know they dont talk on the fire channel.

Millstadt fire is on Fire Dispatch 1 and it is still patched to the old vhf 154.190

Millstadt EMS is on EMS dispatch 1 - don't know if it's still patched to their old vhf channel but I doubt it.

If you want to hear Millstadt Police you need to get a digital scanner like you had.

ff_jason

Premium Subscriber
Millstadt EMS is now being paged over the fire disp. vhf 154.190. All other traffic goes threw the P25 system.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why you sent the scanner back so quick? I understand some of the frustrations that people have had with the new x36's but I would have tried a few more things.

Did you use "software" to program your scanner? If so did 'what you wanted to hear' actually import to your system or group that you wanted to monitor?

Were you able to hear any other TG's for St Clair County ie; Disp 1, 2 or 3? Other police departments or ISP?

I live on the west side of the river in SW St Louis and from my listening post I hear absolutely nothing from StarCom in my house unless I use an outside antenna and even then the signal is very marginal at best. I only receive two sites. But if you live in St Clair Co, Millstadt, you should have no problem what so ever.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why you sent the scanner back so quick? I understand some of the frustrations that people have had with the new x36's but I would have tried a few more things.

Did you use "software" to program your scanner? If so did 'what you wanted to hear' actually import to your system or group that you wanted to monitor?

Were you able to hear any other TG's for St Clair County ie; Disp 1, 2 or 3? Other police departments or ISP?

I live on the west side of the river in SW St Louis and from my listening post I hear absolutely nothing from StarCom in my house unless I use an outside antenna and even then the signal is very marginal at best. I only receive two sites. But if you live in St Clair Co, Millstadt, you should have no problem what so ever.

Considering he has a tower in his town, I agree. Most likely a programming issue.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Problem solved. I bought a RS PRO 197 and downloaded the WIN500 free program and bought a programming cable. Life is simple again.
. Are you now able to receive Millstadt pd on your pro197 ? IF so then perhaps but if not, don't give up! This is one of the reasons we're here is to HELP others new to this hobby, if it can be heard we will hear it... :). 73, n9zas

shadcall

Problem solved. I bought a RS PRO 197 and downloaded the WIN500 free program and bought a programming cable. Life is simple again.

Just FYI, WIN 500 (as well as the other software programs) come with a 30 day free trial. If you want to continue to use it after the trial period you will have to purchase it.

mrbooker

Stll NO Millstadt.

. Are you now able to receive Millstadt pd on your pro197 ? IF so then perhaps but if not, don't give up! This is one of the reasons we're here is to HELP others new to this hobby, if it can be heard we will hear it... :). 73, n9zas

Still no Millstadt. I have everything for St. Clair county programmed in and I mean EVERYTHING.
I have never heard St Clair disp ever call Millstadt police.
I have St Clair law disp, rural law disp 1,2,3 and 4. I have talk groups 7078 Millstadt (car 2 car) 7018-7017 and talk group 7021. I hear sencom and every other law disp that comes out of St Clair co.
I have scanned every conventional channel and even GMRS channels thinking they may be using them for car to car.
I have been monitoring for 8 days and not one Millstadt disp or car 2 car. Its like they dont exist... HELP?

scraech

When you are monitoring Millstadt do you get signal bars and dat? 1 thing to check is to make sure the site or system hasn't rebanded the frequencies. Also check underneath in that system that programmed to make sure the group isn't locked out. And also check the channels for individual lock out.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought here. I am going to guess that Millstadt PD is dispatched on one of the 'rural' sheriff's TG's. I don't believe Millstadt has it's own dispatch channel. C to C they probably have. But don't expect a lot on that channel. You will probably have to listen in on the two or so 'rural' channels for the county and listen for the Millstadt cars (if you know their unit numbers) to see if that is true.

Again, just a thought.

scraech

Need to upgrade the antenna system LOL

Attachments

• digital-radio-scanner-6-antennas.jpg
    digital-radio-scanner-6-antennas.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 823

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I wish I had a dollar every time someone posted the photo of that contraption! :D. 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.