i can't update my uniden sds 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazlicafe

Sentinel programı ile cihazımı güncellemeye çalışıyorum. ama güncel diyor. 1.04.01 sürümünde nerede yanlış yapıyorum? Çeviriyi google çeviriden yapıyorum. yazım için özür dilerim

Attachments

• 20210111_200009.jpg
    20210111_200009.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 16

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
From Google translate...

I'm trying to update my device with the Sentinel program. but it says up to date. Where am I doing wrong with version 1.04.01? I do the translation from google translate. sorry for my post

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Ubbe

When looking at Maxims collection of all firmware version available for SDS100 and SDS100E there's no 1.04 versions. Perhaps it's a SDS100 PT or AU or similar that doesn't do updates the regular way, if they actually have any updates available.

/Ubbe

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
When looking at Maxims collection of all firmware version available for SDS100 and SDS100E there's no 1.04 versions. Perhaps it's a SDS100 PT or AU or similar that doesn't do updates the regular way, if they actually have any updates available.

/Ubbe

Main Version: 1.04.01
Sub Version: 1.01.05

were available as public Open Beta firmware for the US version of the SDS100 here:

Ubbe

Then nazlicafe can download the latest files from Maxims One Drive storage and put those in the firmware folder, as per instruction for the open beta.

/Ubbe

nazlicafe

I did not leave a place in the forums. and I still don't know how to update my device. I live in Fethiye district of Muğla in Turkey. I am a reporter and also an amateur radio operator. Thanks in advance to the friends who will help.

why are you trying to update something that is currently up to date?????????
is out of date. there is version 1.10.00 available

Then nazlicafe can download the latest files from Maxims One Drive storage and put those in the firmware folder, as per instruction for the open beta.

/Ubbe
how will I do? With sentinel your device says up to date. I could not find the 1.10.00 beta version.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
SDS100e is not the same as the SDS100. Trying to crossload firmware from one to the other won't work, and the most recent version numbers are probably different.

nazlicafe

Do you have the USA version of the SDS100, or do you have the SDS100E (or any other version)?
I do not know that I bought this device second hand. He could not find the invoice in the person I bought.

Attachments

• 20210112_180314.jpg
    20210112_180314.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 35

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I do not know that I bought this device second hand. He could not find the invoice in the person I bought.

Look at the Uniden identification label on the back of the scanner, or inside the battery compartment (maybe under the batteries). What does the model number say on that label?

nazlicafe

[QUOTE = "fxdscon, gönderi: 3437652, üye: 101354"]
Tarayıcının arkasındaki veya pil bölmesinin içindeki (belki pillerin altında) Uniden tanımlama etiketine bakın. Bu etikette model numarası ne diyor?
[/ALINTI]

Attachments

• 20210112_194951.jpg
    20210112_194951.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 34

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE = "fxdscon, gönderi: 3437652, üye: 101354"]
Tarayıcının arkasındaki veya pil bölmesinin içindeki (belki pillerin altında) Uniden tanımlama etiketine bakın. Bu etikette model numarası ne diyor?
[/ALINTI]
That certainly appears to be the USA version of the SDS100.

Next question... what version of the Sentinel software are you using? From the top menu bar in Sentinel, click on "Help", then click on "About"

If you are not using Sentinel USA version 2.02.01, download and install it from here:

Also, if you don't have the SDS100 owner's manual, you can download one here:

Follow the instructions carefully on pages 10 and 11 to update your firmware and database (be sure to disconnect the scanner cable and let the scanner re-boot for the firmware update). Let us know if you can now update.

If you are still unable to update using Sentinel, you may have a bad SD card.

Last edited:

nazlicafe

That certainly appears to be the USA version of the SDS100.

Next question... what version of the Sentinel software are you using? From the top menu bar in Sentinel, click on "Help", then click on "About"

If you are not using Sentinel USA version 2.02.01, download and install it from here:

Also, if you don't have the SDS100 owner's manual, you can download one here:

Follow the instructions carefully on pages 10 and 11 to update your firmware and database (be sure to disconnect the scanner cable and let the scanner re-boot for the firmware update). Let us know if you can now update.

If you are still unable to update using Sentinel, you may have a bad SD card.
I am using version 2.02.01. I did it by following the instructions. However, it did not update the firmware again. old version again. He wrote my frequencies, which are also my sentinel, on the device. Do you think my card may be broken anyway. If my sentences are distorted, I apologize again. Because I am translating from Google Translate.sentinel hata.PNGsentinel hata.PNGsentinel hata.PNG

Attachments

• sentinel hata1.PNG
    sentinel hata1.PNG
    42.1 KB · Views: 7

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am using version 2.02.01. I did it by following the instructions. However, it did not update the firmware again. old version again. He wrote my frequencies, which are also my sentinel, on the device. Do you think my card may be broken anyway. If my sentences are distorted, I apologize again. Because I am translating from Google Translate.

You are doing very good with the translating.

It seems possible that the SD card may be at fault. Bad SD cards can cause a wide variety of unusual problems.

You should try a new SD card (or re-format the old one). You will need to use the "Clear user data" function in Sentinel on the new (or re-formatted) card before the scanner can use it. The scanner must be in the "mass storage" mode. Be sure to check the "display all drives" box in the clear user data window. Then try to update again. After that, write to the scanner from Sentinel to restore your frequencies.

To re-format an SD card, it's best to download and use this program:

Last edited:

Ubbe

how will I do? With sentinel your device says up to date. I could not find the 1.10.00 beta version.
Go to Maxims One Drive where he has all firmware version and go to the SDS100 folder.
Download the file "SDS-100_V1_10_00.bin" and "SDS-100_SUB_V1._02_01.firm" and put those files on the SD card in the firmware folder.
When you turn the scanner off and on it will update with the new firmware. Try to have the USB power cable connected to power the scanner if the batteries are not good enough to hold enough power during the upgrade.

/Ubbe

nazlicafe

Go to Maxims One Drive where he has all firmware version and go to the SDS100 folder.
Download the file "SDS-100_V1_10_00.bin" and "SDS-100_SUB_V1._02_01.firm" and put those files on the SD card in the firmware folder.
When you turn the scanner off and on it will update with the new firmware. Try to have the USB power cable connected to power the scanner if the batteries are not good enough to hold enough power during the upgrade.

/Ubbe
Thank you very much for your help. I could not find the place you said. If I ask, can you send a link.

nazlicafe

You are doing very good with the translating.

It seems possible that the SD card may be at fault. Bad SD cards can cause a wide variety of unusual problems.

You should try a new SD card (or re-format the old one). You will need to use the "Clear user data" function in Sentinel on the new (or re-formatted) card before the scanner can use it. The scanner must be in the "mass storage" mode. Be sure to check the "display all drives" box in the clear user data window. Then try to update again. After that, write to the scanner from Sentinel to restore your frequencies.

To re-format an SD card, it's best to download and use this program:

Thank you very much for your help and interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.