I-com ic 2S? "Thrift Shop find"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan005

Today I ran across an I-com 2S radio at a local thrift shop. it says 144mhz on the bezel front and "Made in Japan" on the back. with a serial #38869. it uses a AA battery pack BP90 that holds 6 ni-cad battery's. I replaced the battery's and it works, from 144.000 mhz to 146.000mhz. just short of my local radio clubs. It looks new, but I suspect it is more than 10 years old. Please anyone that is familiar with this radio, "ring in" I can not find anything on the I-com site. I do not know what prog. cable to use or software. Is to worth the $5 bucks I spent? Thanks in advance Jim...

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Icom find

Chances are there is no cable or software. Are there any letters after the 2S? If it covers 144-146 MHz, it is probably a European model, as that is the range they have for 2 meters. I have several older Icoms (IC-2SAT, IC-P4AT, IC-2iA and others). None of them have programming other than with your brain and fingers. Icom does maintain a good database of older manuals, so you might find something with a search.

Manual Downloads | Icom Inc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.