I Don't know if this is the proper forum for this, but,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsrailfan6130

Just curious if anyone, along Lake Erie here in Michigan, heard some flare sighting in the last couple of hours?
I heard this off the Sarnia VTS freq. Right now the only boat I heard was watching for it was Algontario.

OceanaRadio

Just curious if anyone, along Lake Erie here in Michigan, heard some flare sighting in the last couple of hours?
I heard this off the Sarnia VTS freq. Right now the only boat I heard was watching for it was Algontario.

Jerry,

At 0528Z the Algontario was making 12.8kts WSW about 20mi East of Leamington Ont, in Canadian waters.

CSL Tadoussac was 5mi West of Leamington making 10.0 kts EES about 5mi West of Leamington (due North of Pelee Is). They will pass each other in a little over an hours time. No other commercial traffic showing on AIS at this time.

When you say "Sarnia VTS freq" did you mean Ch-16 or the working frequency for VTS? Not sure about Canadians but the U.S. never makes FM-maritime broadcasts over anything other than Ch-16 and the CG's public liaison Ch-22A. DSC can be used to alert vessels to a voice pan-pan or securite message and I can't imagine why the CCG would be passing flare-sighting info over a limited-use VTS channel (ie: not required to be monitored by any but large commercial vessels).

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.