I don't think I quite get it? pro-2066 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

edpdx

I have my new-tome scanner set-up in my truck. It has an external speaker and a hard-wire antenna in the center of the roof. When I turn it on I get all kinds of fairly clear chatter. I have been trying to sort out the frequencies that pertain to my part of town. The reference material on-line say I live in an area where police channels are trunked. I read up- as I am new to scanners, and sort of get trunking and rebanding. I still don't understand how to (what to really) enter into the radio when trying to store "trunked" agency info.

Can someone walk me through one? I have freq numbers for the agencies nearest me- also some kind of trunking code that I keep finding. Which do I "enter"? Do all the frequencies of the trunked agency have to be installed on the same bank?

edpdx

W8RMH, N0WEF provides the link to the area I am wanting to monitor. More specifically:

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag Group
55120 d75 A HappVall PW Public Works Public Works Happy Valley
55152 d77 A HappVallPW2? Public Works 2? Public Works Happy Valley
64272 fb1 A CCSO SWAT Clackamas County SO SWAT Law Tac Clackamas Sheriff
64400 fb9 A CCSO DETS Clackamas County SO - Detectives Clackamas County Sheriff
64432 fbb A CCSO DESK Clackamas County SO - Desk Clackamas County Sheriff
64528 fc1 A CCSO ADM Clackamas County SO - Admin Clackamas County Sheriff
64560 fc3 A CCSO SIU Clackamas County SO - SIU Clackamas County Sheriff
64592 fc5 A CCSO DET ADM Clackamas County SO - D AD Clackamas County Sheriff
64624 fc7 A CLACK B Clackamas County SO - PS 2 Clackamas County Common
64656 fc9 A CLACK A Clackamas County SO - PS 1 Clackamas County Common
64752 fcf A CCOM TAC 2 CCOM Law - Tac 2 Law Tac CCOM Police Dispatch
64784 fd1 A CCOM TAC 1 CCOM Law - Tac 1 Law Tac CCOM Police Dispatch
64848 fd5 A CCOM LAW 3 CCOM Law 3 Law Dispatch CCOM Police Dispatch
64880 fd7 A CCOM LAW 2 CCOM Law 2 Law Dispatch CCOM Police Dispatch
64912 fd9 A CCOM LAW 1 CCOM Law 1 Law Dispatch CCOM Police Dispatch
64944 fdb A CLACK EOC Clackamas County EOC Clackamas County Services
64976 fdd A CCSO DETS Clackamas County SO - Detectives Clackamas County Sheriff
65008 fdf A CC COM LAW Clackamas County SO - Common Law

Found on this page: Washington County / Clackamas County / Newberg Trunking System, Various, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies. I apologize if this is too much info- I don't know yet what I don't know.

I did follow some of the links about which RS models do not have software updates allowing re-banded agencies. I realized that my scanner is not able to monitor these.

What can I do? Does this mean I can or cannot follow these with my scanner?

rwier

Hey Edpdx, is this the system you are trying to monitor Portland Public Safety Radio System Trunking System, Portland, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies ? Just guessing based on your earlier posts, and it being the only rebanded system I saw in your area.

Let us know and we'll be happy to assist you. (if it's possible)

Have a great night!

Be a shame if that rebanding kills the deal for him. A massive ANALOG trunked system, no Dg!! Looks like a great place to live and listen!

Rob

DickH

Programming for Portland is below. Just do the same for Clackamas and Wash. counties.
There are a few freqs. in those two systems that have been rebanded and the PRO-2066 can not follow, but you should hear most everything..

PRO-2066 Trunking Programming for the Portland system
You need to enter all 24 frequencies as listed below. I recommend entering them in the
order in which they are listed. The freqs. in BOLD are the control channels.

1. Press PROGRAM, then TRUNK. (Bank numbers flash)
2. Press the bank number you want to use. (the first channel is automatically selected)
3. Enter the first frequency, 858.7125, press E (for ENTER).
4. Press PROGRAM or the UP arrow to advance to the next channel.
4. Enter next freq., 858.7375, Press E.
Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all the freqs. have been entered.
5. Press SEARCH. Now it will find the active control channel and start "trunking" and you will hear all active Talk Groups.

Choose the Talk Groups (IDs) you want to monitor and store them in SCAN LISTS.
(the bank numbers now become SCAN LIST numbers).
1. While it is trunking, press MANUAL. It should stop on the 1st empty location.
2. Press PROGRAM, then enter an ID number from the DEC column in the database.
3. Press E.
4. Press PROGRAM or the UP arrow to advance to the next location.
5. Enter the next ID , then press E.
Repeat steps 4 & 5 until all the IDs have been entered.
6. Press SCAN. Now you will hear only the Talk Groups IDs you have entered.

edpdx

DickH,

Thanks for that step-by-step. It will really help. I assume the freqs you posted are the type of numbers I am supposed to enter. The references I have found so far have only shown the HEX/DEC numbers as shown in my previous posting- do I convert these somehow, or is there a place online I can find them?

W6KRU

DickH,

Thanks for that step-by-step. It will really help. I assume the freqs you posted are the type of numbers I am supposed to enter. The references I have found so far have only shown the HEX/DEC numbers as shown in my previous posting- do I convert these somehow, or is there a place online I can find them?

The freqs, provided by Dick are for the Portland system linked to by N0WEF which is different to the system you linked to. The HEX/ DEC numbers in your list are the talk group numbers which must be entered in addition to the frequencies.

Dick's procedure is good but you need to use the frequencies for the Washington Co. system.

DickH

DickH,

Go here for the Clackamas/Wash. county freqs. Enter the freqs. in Site 1 and Site 2. Put them in separate banks, following the steps I already sent.
Your PRO-2066 can not track freqs. that have a zero in the 4th decimal place (like 851.2500), so you will miss conversations on those freqs., but you will hear everything else.

edpdx

OK, tried it and it WORKS! Waaay easier to follow what's happening- not getting so many of those calls from Safeway about broken down trucks and stuff. Thanks to all that are helping, it's great to find people that can so quickly... it really is marvelous- the internet.

Some of the stuff I have looked up only appears as Trunked Frequency numbers, is there a way to find the individual frequencies? My local patrol only has two radio freqs; but I cannot find them- only the trunk number?!?

DickH

I live in SE Portland- Clackamas County, DAMASCUS.

Boy, it's been so long since I listened to Clackamas I completely forgot they simulcast on their old conventional freqs.
Here are the ones I'm pretty sure are the Sheriff:
The FCC databse also lists the following. Put them in and see what you hear:

Status
Not open for further replies.