I don't understand the Uniden manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

That manual is not much help to new users. Maybe you guys who understand the scanners. I have read the manual. Didn't really help me. This manual takes it for granted that users already know what the features do. Ie; what's the point of knowing how to enable tone out if you don't even know what it is? Maybe a few pages should of been spent explaining what the feature/options do

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That manual is not much help to new users. Maybe you guys who understand the scanners. I have read the manual. Didn't really help me. This manual takes it for granted that users already know what the features do. Ie; what's the point of knowing how to enable tone out if you don't even know what it is? Maybe a few pages should of been spent explaining what the feature/options do

Right here in the WIKI..... as well as a lot of valuable, often asked information

Fire Tone Out - The RadioReference Wiki

lawman210

Thank you. That was just one example of many features that are confusing. With scanners that have greater abilities comes a lot more questions. As I had mentioned before sometimes a basic scanner is best. With all these options one tends to get spoiled not to mention it gets overwhelming for new users that feel they will never master it. I know I nearly lose my mind when I get something new wanting to know everything now! I must learn to be patient I guess

wtp

which one?

just wondering which one is so difficult.
i am from the land of crystals myself. so when i got a 396t years ago i was (and still) happy to hear anthing

brennank

I have never found a good manual for Uniden scanners. They are all garbage if you ask me. Even the easier to read ones are useless. They barely explain the features, just show you how to use them.

Messing around with the scanner, reading the wiki here, and asking questions are really the best ways to learn. Uniden makes a great scanner or radio, but everything else is mediocre. Manuals, software, ect...

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I'm afraid the Uniden manuals are not the best for the guy starting out, especially for a software monster as the 436.

When I got my BCD996T a few years ago, it took quite a while to learn it, especially since I wanted to program it all manually. And I did. It took a lot of research on my own time, typing questions into Google, and posting here.

The Uniden manual has quite a few pages explaining each key on the scanner and what they do. Look at page 18 in the manual.

You will not learn it overnight. There is a steep learning curb, but you need to stick with it. In a few weeks it will all seem so simple.

Greg

PS: Like Brennank above said..play with it. There isn't to much damage that you can do that cannot be undone. If white smoke starts coming out thru the speaker, then it might be too late. :lol:

Last edited:

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I did not mean "learning curb" in my last post above. It should have said "learning curve."

Status
Not open for further replies.