I dont wanna hear that

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoDave

Sorry to be a pain guys and girls, but as my previous post said I am not familiar with Uniden scanners as I am a RadShack guy.

I have used FreeScan and have uploaded the frequencies and talkgroups that my friend wants to hear. HOWEVER.... I am receiving other talkgroups that are on the system that they do NOT want to hear.

More specfically.... Birmingham (AL) and Jefferson County share the same system. I have uploaded all the talkgroups for the Jefferson County Sheriffs Department and did not load the talk groups for Birmingham PD because they dont want to listen to them. But I am still hearing Birmingham PD as well as Birmingham Fire Department.

I know Im apparently missing an option somewhere that will make the scanner only hear what I have put into it, I just dont know what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help and for putting up with me.
Dave

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's a 396XT, right?

The scanner defaults to scanning trunked systems in ID SEARCH mode, which will open up for every talkgroup it comes across, whether programmed or not. You need it to be in ID SCAN mode, which will only open up for talkgroups that are programmed, and will ignore the rest.

To toggle between ID SEARCH and ID SCAN, while the scanner is actively scanning the trunked system press FUNC+Scan. The FUNC button is the top button on the side of the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.