I Dropped My PSR-800!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve888

From a height of about 3.5 feet onto a linoleum tile floor. No visible damage to the case or antenna and it seems to still be working fine but I've heard dropping a scanner is one of the things you do NOT want to do. It is, afterall, basically a computer and you would never drop one of those.

When I picked it up it had shut itself off but after turning it back on it's been working fine all day...I guess I got lucky this time but I will definitely be more careful in the future!

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
One of mine has taken a few tumbles and hasn't had any problems... I must say, it's quite a heart stopping experience when it happens.

whooey

I had to send in my PSR-500 after a drop. It went deaf, couldn't even pick up weather. $165 later, good as new.

steve888

I had to send in my PSR-500 after a drop. It went deaf, couldn't even pick up weather. $165 later, good as new.

Yikes! Looks like I got lucky this time. So far, it's still working fine but I will definitely be more careful next time. Part of the problem is that I upgraded the antenna with an Austin Condor 13" antenna and it's real easy to catch that thing with your arm accidentally and knock over the entire scanner. But that antenna is incredible so there's no way I'm taking it off of there.

whooey

Yikes! Looks like I got lucky this time. So far, it's still working fine but I will definitely be more careful next time. Part of the problem is that I upgraded the antenna with an Austin Condor 13" antenna and it's real easy to catch that thing with your arm accidentally and knock over the entire scanner. But that antenna is incredible so there's no way I'm taking it off of there.

Try having a 2 year old, its like having a 36" antenna that likes to touch anything that glows different colors depending on which talkgroup is active. :lol: :lol: :lol:

reconrider8

ive dropped my lil 72 a many of times and she still works fine even accidentally left my windows down in a hurricane and she got drenched and she still works to this day sometimes i wonder how but she does sometimes a few of the keys dont wanna push but in the end it all still works fine

rhalld38

I dropped my 500 as well and I forgot the guys name at GRE who called me and stated that it was the circuit board that was broke and replaced it costing me 163.00. The 500 works great. I then sold it for the price I had paid to get it fixed and bought a new 500. The guy I sold it to is very impressed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.