I Finaly Did It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
It took a while but I finaly took the plunge!

The old BC 785D that had the digital card went buye buye! I purchased a brand spankin new BCD996T! Man oh man what a learning curve on the digital side. WOW! I thought I was ready for it since I had finaly mastered (I think) my BCT 15. ANY WHO...I finaly got it going, God only knows how, and my CT State Police is coming in loud and clear including my I-calls. YES! I am in the process of re-doing the family room and my shack is all but gone. Im starting from scratch. I thought that by having everything on my night stand with just the back of the set antennas, I was not going to pick up anything. Well, I was shocked when I was switching antennas and the CSP still came in without any antenna. That is sensitivity for you. Of cource, being @ 450 FT above sea level on top of a good hill helps too....I am so glad to have a web site like this where I can learn from the comments and advise of other users to help me in my "investment". Now my shack is up to date.

Manny

800crazy1

just wait for the forthcoming updates for your new scanner , you will truley be up to date ! congrats on an outstanding scanner purchase , theres hopefully more goodies youll be able to add in the future ...keep watching the boards !! oh and i still love my 785-D . wish it was rebandable.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Lovin My 996!

800crazy1!
Thanks! Yeah, I kept 1- 785 for the simplicty of it. The BCT15 and the 996 are great, but there is nothing like a direct entry,hassle free radio to throw in a quick frequency that you want to check out. Dont get me wrong, Im sot saying its rocket science or anything on the newer radios but it is just simpler to do on the 785, so I kept it! Looking foward to the 996 updates.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.