I get interference and weak signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

I don't know if its my antenna is bad or BNC is bad,:confused: but I get lots of whine on the EMS talkgroups.Even a call 3 streets down from my house.

I get lots of interference on my local police talk group and even if call is 2 or 3 streets down from me.

And trying to pick up radio traffic more than 10KM from me the signal is like 2 or 3:eek:

Other people say they have the BC250 to pick up LAPD and have no problems.

DickH

nec208 said:
I don't know if its my antenna is bad or BNC is bad,:confused: but I get lots of whine on the EMS talkgroups.Even a call 3 streets down from my house.

I get lots of interference on my local police talk group and even if call is 2 or 3 streets down from me.

And trying to pick up radio traffic more than 10KM from me the signal is like 2 or 3:eek:

Other people say they have the BC250 to pick up LAPD and have no problems.

The signal you receive is from the tower that may be miles away. The units 2 or 3 blocks away transmit on the input freq., not the repeater output from the tower.
Look around your neighborhood. If you see a tower with lots of antennas, it could be a Nextel/cellphone tower. If so, that's your problem.
If your scanner has an attenuator, try turning it on.

N

nec208

I can get Toronto south better than north:confused:

And it does not matter where you drive in the city any thing more than 10KM is like a 2 or 3.

Only the EMS come in 5 but too much of a whine :eek:

If your scanner has an attenuator, try turning it on.

Than it may go down to a 1 or 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.