I got a lemon 1098 or it just sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Another issue:
Many of us wear Polarized sunglasses in the car. The polarization of the screen, at least in the one I sent back (NOT FOR THIS REASON) is such that the remote head has to be mounted at an angle. Horizon mount = blacked out screen with shades on.
Whistler should have caught that one. Remote heads are intended to be used in a vehicle.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I have that same problem with my iPhone 6 wearing polarized shades... Apple should have thought of that too.

scosgt

I have that same problem with my iPhone 6 wearing polarized shades... Apple should have thought of that too.

In fact when I bought my Samsung S5 I was looking at the HTC M8, and same issue. Could not be used in the car in vertical mode, the only practical way.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
You buy Whistler You buy junk
They are far from junk and far from perfect they are scanners. And Uniden isn't exactly winning any awards right now either. They are having tons of issues with with DMR. At least the trx2 which I will be ordering soon handles DMR and NXDN pretty well. But I do believe Uniden had the edge when it comes to p25 LSM right now. At the end of the day they are scanners quit hating on them and move on. You want perfection save a up a few grand and buy a APX. I always say if you have nothing nice to day about a product why lurch around that products forum. Uniden Land is just a couple pages to the right you will be very happy there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rob_In_MO

Glad it isn't just me. Been pulling my hair out trying to receive the Mo Hwy Patrol. Won't trunk, just as the OP experienced. I put in an email to Whistler, hopefully they'll call me Monday. Will probably have to send it back in, if they don't offer a solultion (like a factory-reset) over the phone. I paid too much for this dang thing to not receive trunked systems!

That's what I get for updating it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.