I got a summons for my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowa22

I was not in a car and the scanner was not on, i was holding it in my hand with my earphone wrapped around it because i was adjusting my pants, but the cop saw me crossing the street and stopped me walking...and told me to come over and speak to him because it was probable cause of suspicion to stop me, he told me it's illegal to decode the police frequecies, it's illegal to keep the scanner parked on 1 channel and it's a viloation of the homeland security laws in nyc, and i got hit with criminal possession of a weapon summons because i bought a combination lighter/flashlight/switchblade, in chinatown a few months back, i'll take that summons in stride, but as far as the scanner summons, im pissed, because now my scanner is in downtown brooklyn marked as evidence and i'll never see it again...

You need to talk to a lawyer. You have also violated NY State law by committing a crime while carrying a scanner, carry a weapon in violation of the law. That is a felony. If you don't have funds for a lawyer get a public defender.Good Luck.

Ref-Jazzy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Guys, honestly...

If you were a cop in the number one terrorist target in the world and you saw some guy walking down the street with a device that could intercept (and maybe look like it can disrupt) Police radio, what would YOU have done?

"Number One terroirst target in the world" ? NYC, is hardly the number 1 terroirst target in the world.

"saw some guy walking down the street with a device that could intercept (and maybe look like it can disrupt) Police radio, what would YOU have done?" If you saw a guy walking down the street with a bucket of water would you stop him because he maybe looks like he could drown some one with all that water?

My point?

1. We shouldn't be as scared as main stream media wants us to be
2. Man walking around with a radio should be subjected to PD giving him the buisness. Hell it could have just been a Handheld CB.

garys

Premium Subscriber
"Number One terroirst target in the world" ? NYC, is hardly the number 1 terroirst target in the world.

You should tell that to the terrorist who say that it's the #1 target in the world, since the US is their #1 target.

Other than that, this thread is silly.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Without explaining all the legal stuff, go get a lawyer, everything will get dismissed, then file yourself a nice notice a claim, and then sue the city to get all your legal expenses back.

OTA-K

I might have missed it in the thread, but what section of law were you charged with ??
It should be on the DAT or summons.

bezking

Enough. I take responsibility for what I said but this thread is going nowhere. To the OP, it may be wise to consult an attorney, but soliciting legal advice on an internet message board has the propensity to mislead you.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.