I got my Alinco-dj-X11E

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Well, it came in the mail, 45 minutes ago. Just playing with the knobs, tuning, sub tuning.. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN! Time is what I need/got.. My 1st impression, hearing static.. I am SURE it does alot, just gotta play with it all.. Any tips, short cuts, clues is greatley appreciated.. Got 3 wx channels in a spot where NONE of my scanners get 3, just 1 or 2.. Funtime!!!

MarkWestin

I really like my DJ-X11T. Check your firmware version, the current is 2.6. The Alinco software leaves much to be desired. I am only able to transfer one setting or frequency at a time. If you figure out how to get that to work better, let us know how.

Mark

mainetrunk

Hahaha, I walk in as a dummy, and you think I can become a genious? Thats good.. HOWEVER, miracles have, and can happen.. I will attempt to slay the Alinco gremlin.. Hahaha, thanks for the confidence.. I have managed to put on the screen my choice of a vhf and ctcss. Step 1 is done..Antenna--what came with it... 1 thing at a time, 1st to slay the gremlin, aka program,,,,,,thx Ron

MarkWestin

Mine came with the ever popular Alinco SMA/EA-154. It is about nine inches long and very flexible. I think that I have used this radio with practically every kind of antenna except the one it came with. A SMA to BNC adapter is a must. I'm using one from one of my Uniden scanners, but the Diamond BNCJ-SMAP would be a good substitute.

Mark

mainetrunk

Well, I'll tell ya this, compared to my Grundig 450dlx, This alinco is a porsche, and the grundig is a nissan sentra--(2005) got good qualities, but NOT what I want. I got the height and area. Just gremlins,,,,,,,,,time out, got stuff to do, leaving it on F COUNT.. Ohhhh, thats a frequency counter.. Weird, I'll take it

Last edited:

mainetrunk

What is up with that squeal when you got a freq on top searching? I hit scan for the top row to scan, and get a squeal, gone after a reset. I wont bore you guys with every little detail. All I can say so far is GREAT! Monitor 2 channels at once!! I needed that.. Feel free to leave tips,,,,, will ask when I need to. That radio is too small to outsmart me. I will master it before 2014, give or take a year...LOL

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
I thought you were going to buy a proper HF receiver like the Alinco DX-R8T but you bought another scanner! Hope it does what you want it to do.

mainetrunk

I'm working on it, tiz a bad $$time, xmas... Gotta get a few brands, Dont worry majoco, theres a method to the MADNESS.. I already muted it, reset it and now I am monitoring 2 freqs at once. Wild! Isn't the djx-2000 better?

mainetrunk

Heres my 1st found FLAW, it scans either 1 bank or all. Not bank 1, 5, 7, 10.. Which leaves the question--where to put what.. VFO, memory scan, VFO scan,,, ohhhh this is gonna take a few minutes!! Damn gremlins. I found out how to store PL's, either bank. touch the wrong button, and things happen. F is the only way to backout of a situation

pro 106-2
pro 197-1
pro 84-1
pro 94-1
bct 15X-1
bcd 396xt-1
grundig 450 dlx-1
alinco dj-11e-1

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Be sure to upgrade the firmware when you purchase the USB cable. And be sure to use the right firmware since you apparently purchased the European model.

mainetrunk

It came with cable. Weird connection, in the charger. I also read wrong. I got the dj-x11........ What a F pushing, knob turning riot, I got. So many sub menu's.. I cant get the pl to go to 229.1, and a certain freq--15X-5575. Doesnt do the 75khz part. Closest I can get is 15X-556. I got the name tags down, set into certain scan lists. Been playing with priority on top, bottom has the close fire and analog pd's... WOW, what a fine product from our eastern friends. I WILL keep it. Now, for the night time air freqs, DX..... Got a quarter wave antenna ( uhf/vhf ) magnet mount antenna doing the freq catching..
Austin Antenna 500C Series Information Page <---- Heres $90.00

Also, the pl and dc search is equivelant to the pro 96. I HATED that function. I'll get DX later........

Last edited:

mainetrunk

freq placement

I really like my DJ-X11T. Check your firmware version, the current is 2.6. The Alinco software leaves much to be desired. I am only able to transfer one setting or frequency at a time. If you figure out how to get that to work better, let us know how.

Mark

I havent got into settings yet, but I can tell you when storing a freq into memory, when you hit F( maybe twice ) and it appears in the left corner- scroll top knob for channel placement, and bottom knob for the BANK. When you decide to place the freq, hit the F so you see it, scroll to the placement of your freq and hit V/P/M. Then turn the knobs again to another bank and channel-hit F/P/M again. That freq is in 2 or multiple places. I'm getting there Mark, a challenge is a good thing.

mainetrunk

Aint that special, you put a name on a freq, and you can put a picture there too. The name and channel show, not freq and tone. The subbanks areeasy to opperate now--not that I got the GUTS figured out, I just know where they are. And what is this BUG coupling? It's deffinetely a challenge going from scanner to receiver. Theres a priority, but ltr, mo; trunk. Straight analog with no way of ending a freq of ---xxx-5575. It goes to 560. The dual scan mode is the squirrels nuts.. Not bad, just technological. All around, for what I wanted-I'll give this product an 8 out of 10. ( needs to be p25 to be PERFECT ) Who has p25 receivers? Tonight, she uses a ferret antenna. A total run through the freqs

Last edited:

freqhopping

Heres my 1st found FLAW, it scans either 1 bank or all. Not bank 1, 5, 7, 10..

You need to link banks.

Let's say to you've got related freqs in banks 1,2 and 3 and a separate group of freqs in banks 4, 5 and 6.
You can set Bank-link Group 1 for 1-3 and Bank-link Group 2 for 4-5.

Press function+"6/Link"
Then press the number for the Bank-link group you want to create.
Then you turn the knob to change between banks.
Use the ENT key to change link status between on and off.
So for Group 1 set Banks 1, 2 and 3 to On.

mainetrunk

I saw that link section--stayed away..And to be honest, I got p25 on my right (nh) and Maine on my left (analog). Clear shot thru nh for freqs, but here, I got Mt. Aggementicus stopping my signals to the north, and Mt. Hope in Sanford (15miles as the crow flies) blocking me to the Northwest. I got little to LINK. Will try a few. I also got 5 other scanners running as well, til night, then 7. Now 8. What does the update do for this?

mainetrunk

WOW!! this thing just took a right turn with me, thats special too. Thanks a million--THAT would have taken me a week to configure-hahaha.. Next trick? Actually Im not sure WHAT I got. Ad said dj-11xE, box says 11T, theres no E or T on it, just ALINCO DJ-X11. How do I tell what model this is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgGRF7quGI On this model 11T there is a set of sub numbers beside the freq. Mine dont. Now to figure out what it is.

Last edited:

mainetrunk

Now that I had some time to play with it, I feel this rig is NOT worth $500.00, like what some people want on E-BAY. However, this radio/scanner has its good points for an impatient man like me.. The advanced search ( timer ) is awesome. Set it for 5 seconds and goes to next signal... HA! So much for the 5,000,000 turns by knob. I like the way they call LOCKOUT -- SKIP. Too bad it doesnt have a signal stalker like the pro 106. The only REAL problem I have with this rig is--you cannot SPEED program, edit, lockout, or tune very quickly without a wrong button being pushed. Another problem, knob is too close to antenna---too close.. I wish my Grundig 450dlx could do 1/2 the stuff the Alinco does. I'm hearing french clear on 12112. Also, that ALARM--has nothing on bcd-396xt alarms, or pro 106..This radio/scanner is what I call a good STARTING toy. Nice belt buckle clip! Not. I'm afraid to put it on my belt. My bcd396xt loves to spin on its clip. I love portables.. Take it everywhere and have it wake you up when it finds a signal. Thats IF the rig batteries dont die 1st. Also, 2 scans at once? Double display? Now THATS an idea! PIP action--on a scanner, not tv.. I give this rig an 8 out of 10. To those who want 1 in the U.S, remember--it dont trunk, do NACS, hard to program for extreme beginners, and it dont stay quiet for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.