I got the 'wants'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtDoc

I have a Kenwood TS-480SAT that I want the mounting device to combine the head and radio body into 'one'. For some reason Kenwood doesn't make them available in the USA, but does in Europe. And/or, I'd like to hear what users of that thingy think about it, pros/cons. I've tried making one, sort of, and it didn't exactly 'work' out real well, you know?
Anyone??
- 'Doc

Heyboy

South of the Red River, North of the Metromess
MTC

Just a suggestion as you may have already asked, but have you tried Richard at Main Trading Company? They are having their Grand Opening of their new store on 14 Feb and a Kenwood rep is supposed to be there. Perhaps one of them could be of assistance. Just a thought.

K4PS

Premium Subscriber
TS480 bracket

Hope this helps. Kenwood makes the MB-480 which is a bracket that holds the radio and control head as a unit. It also incorporates a carry handle. I have one and it works very well. Universal-Radio or any big dealer can get you one of these. About $45.

Mike

LtDoc

'HeyBoy',
I know Richard and his 'old' store, done some 'bidnez' there, so have asked. Unfortunately, he didn't have a source.
K4PS,
I may just check into that! I have to say that $45 thingy sort of 'bites' me, but it still has to be better than my 'home-made' thingy.
Thanks, both of you...
- 'Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.