• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I got to get creative lol mobile scanner set up for 18 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechaser97

I have a Uniden bcd996p2 that I want to Install, not sure where, I’ve thought of the side of the console on the passenger side next to the cup holders, but then the comfortability of friends riding with me cane to mind, any ideas?
E30A09EB-DD08-45A8-BB61-3316D0029DC5.jpeg

Attachments

• D96680D6-8F43-497A-A63C-007C4FF5C15F.jpeg
    D96680D6-8F43-497A-A63C-007C4FF5C15F.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 10DFE2FC-E395-4B13-8781-2AC05D435FCB.jpeg
    10DFE2FC-E395-4B13-8781-2AC05D435FCB.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 112

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
You could always try to hide it in your center console. How much room do you have in that cubby in front of the shifter?

Reconrider

Take the front seat out. Replace it with a table that glides and use that. The Malibu doesn’t have the space for a mobile unless you use the glove box and open it when you want to see what you’re hearing or change something.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Isn’t there a space in front of the shift lever? It’s hard to tell with the lack of lighting.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Get you a mount guys mount that bolts to your seat mount, gooseneck arm mouth the scanner on it. I have a Hummer H3 and ended up using two pedestal mounts off the side of the console then super locked my speaker to the top of the scanner, works great, Wife has her comfort in the passenger seat and can still access the glove box.

belvdr

No longer interested in living

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
mount it on the console between your leg and the console by the gear selector or on the other side in that location. Its going to be the best place to do it and will be out of the way.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
You could always try to hide it in your center console. How much room do you have in that cubby in front of the shifter?

I was going to suggest exactly this. Take the trim off and look around. There may be enough room to mount the scanner in the dash.

Detachable heads on scanners and ham radios should be the standard for all models these days.....

firechaser97

here’s an update. It took about 4 hours to complete. it sits in the center console cubby. It’s flush that I can close the arm rest and it become out of sight. Audio is LOUD! as the sound bounces off the interior when the lid is closed. I listen in to the area fire departments. don’t have to lift the lid to see who it is. I’m familiar with the communications here in northeast Oklahoma
B82767CB-EECF-4988-9788-50824FA6AAA6.jpeg
1BE90186-32AF-47C4-8FA9-89D0E2661F76.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.