BCD396T/BC996T: I gotta say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I bought my 396t scanner brand new a month after they started selling them and have had no problems with listening to P25 I totally agree with you. I like it because of the small size compared to MY SDS100 Scanner.
Steve

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I have the 396 also. Bought it when it first came out. Still using it today. Great scanner, still going strong and sounds great. I never had any issues even on simulcast sites.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I've had mine longer than I can remember and it's never failed to perform. I don't use it as much as I used to but it's still a great piece of work.

PriorMike

The trunking programming where each site is a system I thought would be a little clunky actually works okay. I can have certain groups set up so when I'm on the road turning on a site it's ready to go. Works pretty well.

a29zuk

I bought my 325P2 to replace my 396T. But the 396T still works great when going up north on vacation here in Michigan.

Jim

Saint

Premium Subscriber
The only thing that is messed up on my 396t scanner is the little USB port has come loose and I can't get a connection any more, this has happen twice before and I sent it in for re-soldering and the charged my 65 dollars to do the job. I have it on my table and took it apart and I am going to re solder it myself when I have time next week.
Steve

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a 396T when they first came out, replacing a BCD250D. Pros: small size, decent analog performance. Cons: did not do well decoding P25 voice on a SmartZone system. I retained it when I purchased a BCD436, but both were barely adequate decoding digital voice on either SmartZone or Astro P25 simulcast. Bought a SDS100, saw the light / heard the difference, then sold both the 396T and the 436. Night and day performance delta.

bobmich52

I have the 396 also. Bought it when it first came out. Still using it today. Great scanner, still going strong and sounds great. I never had any issues even on simulcast sites.

my 2 bits

I live in ct & also bought 1 when they 1st came out, it still kicks azz

only change i made is putting a diamond srh77ca antenna on it

why cant more 1st issue scanners work like this one has lol

PriorMike

The only issue I seem to be having is alot of motorboating on conventional P25. Trunking is not so bad. Not sure if it's poor signal...

I dropped the wait time down to 100ms. Not sure if I should drop the threshold down too...

Status
Not open for further replies.