I had Lambton OPP but now it's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty21

I know that there's a feed to listen to 6M. However, I got a USB RTL2832 and wanted to play. I found the Lambton OPP frequency and it was analog and coming in pretty good. Tonight I started up SDR# and they were off the frequency but still streaming online.

Did I just pickup a vehicle repeater earlier in the day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rc1990

I know that there's a feed to listen to 6M. However, I got a USB RTL2832 and wanted to play. I found the Lambton OPP frequency and it was analog and coming in pretty good. Tonight I started up SDR# and they were off the frequency but still streaming online.

Did I just pickup a vehicle repeater earlier in the day?

Chances are that you picked up an OPP vehicular repeater (VR). VRs for the OPP are analog and in the 400s. You are no longer able to hear them because the cars a too far from you or no officer in your vacinity has turn their VR on.

OPP use the Bell Fleetnet system. It's a Motorola Type 2 VHF system. Their talkgroups are all digital so you would require a digital trunktracking scanner to hear the OPP TGs.

shifty21

Anyone in Ontario using SDR to scan? I've got another RTL2832 ordered and could use a mentor for following trunking systems?

shifty21

Because I find the idea of using my computer to follow, capture and decode frequencies fascinating.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Because I find the idea of using my computer to follow, capture and decode frequencies fascinating.

To each their own I guess.

As Slicerwizard mentioned Trunk 88 really makes any scanning experience more interesting. Besides, pretty much any scanner these days works well with computers, ARC, Uniden, or GRE software allows you to control your scanner with a computer.

I am not much into what you are doing but I enjoy listening, what you are trying to accomplish from a scanning standpoint is just partly there. As you probably know, you can decode but if you are planning to monitor anything you are going to miss out on a good deal of communications.

Enjoy

shifty21

Chances are that you picked up an OPP vehicular repeater (VR). VRs for the OPP are analog and in the 400s. You are no longer able to hear them because the cars a too far from you or no officer in your vacinity has turn their VR on.

OPP use the Bell Fleetnet system. It's a Motorola Type 2 VHF system. Their talkgroups are all digital so you would require a digital trunktracking scanner to hear the OPP TGs.

Having some difficulty reading the database to know what frequency to tune to for the control channel for the Lambton OPP. I know that it's Bell FleetNet and I can see:
8320 208 D OPP 1OPS08 Lambton County 6M - 1OPS08 Law Dispatch

I'm using a RTL-2832 USB dongle, SDR# and DSD

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Don't forget the OPP are digital on Fleetnet... so if you plan on trying to listen in with a dongle, you will have to pipe the audio back thru DSD/DSDPlus to be able to hear anything.

shifty21

I deselected Filter Audio in SDR# and I can get them now. Lots of static, but it works. DSD+ working. Antenna upgrade needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.