I have an odd ball setup question for a BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcf

I just got a new BCT15x today and I am begining to program my local police into it.

The issue is that my local police uses a EDCAS trunked system but they also use non-trunked frequiences. According to the RR database the dispatch has an ID in the trunked system but it's not being used. Instead they use a non-trunked frequency for dispatch. They also have some other non-trunked frequencies listed.

How should I set this up so that I can scan the trunked system and the non-trunked frequencies for the local police without having to scan other systems/frequencies etc...?

The ony way I can think of doing this is to set up the trunked system and then setup a conventional system, that would have the non-trunked frequencies in it, and connect the two system with the same quick key.

Hope this makes sence........

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The ony way I can think of doing this is to set up the trunked system and then setup a conventional system, that would have the non-trunked frequencies in it, and connect the two system with the same quick key.

Yep :) That's the way to go. You have it right. I have a couple of systems (one conventional with local Fed Freqs, another Trunked with Fed TGs) and they are both tied together under the same Quick Key. This means they are scanned together back to back.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.