I have been hearing information on a VHF frequency of 154.190

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOXMAN

As of late I have been hearing information on VHF Frequency 154.190, which is sounding like FD/EMS-type chatter. I have been listening from Greeley, Weld County CO from Feb 16 to Feb 17 this year and nowhere in the immediate surrounding counties have I been able to look up information for this frequency-at least not through Windows' Ctrl-F find function. Is this a newly-licensed or re-licensed VHF frequency I am hearing? I am a sort of newbie (I became registered within the last year and have infrequently used the site) to RadioReference. I am using a RadioShack Pro-2018 scanner with a telescoping antenna to receive these transmissions on 154.190, which is an FD type frequency. Does anyone have any information regarding which agency has this frequency licensed to them in Colorado (A nearby frequency, 154.175 is licensed by the Longmont Fire Department and I want to know whether 154.190 is likewise under their license or whether this is a different agency).

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
As of late I have been hearing information on VHF Frequency 154.190, which is sounding like FD/EMS-type chatter. I have been listening from Greeley, Weld County CO from Feb 16 to Feb 17 this year and nowhere in the immediate surrounding counties have I been able to look up information for this frequency-at least not through Windows' Ctrl-F find function. Is this a newly-licensed or re-licensed VHF frequency I am hearing? I am a sort of newbie (I became registered within the last year and have infrequently used the site) to RadioReference. I am using a RadioShack Pro-2018 scanner with a telescoping antenna to receive these transmissions on 154.190, which is an FD type frequency. Does anyone have any information regarding which agency has this frequency licensed to them in Colorado (A nearby frequency, 154.175 is licensed by the Longmont Fire Department and I want to know whether 154.190 is likewise under their license or whether this is a different agency).

Welcome FoxMan, I bet your hearing Pridemark's Boulder County operations if it sounds like EMS but Greeley also has a license on that frequency.

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It's the Pridemark Metro company channel on 154.190. Nice Solid Signal up here.

kc0kp

It is the old Lakewood Fire Protection District channel. Wonder how a private ambulance service licensed up on a public safety fire frequency.

kib669

It is the old Lakewood Fire Protection District channel. Wonder how a private ambulance service licensed up on a public safety fire frequency.

They are contracted to provide EMS service by the government, so that makes them eligible for public safety frequencies to be used ONLY in the support of that activity. Their private medical transport operates on a business repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.