i have pro 106 can i hear the new ocean county system

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias1988

Feed Provider
The new system hasn't been turned on yet... if it starts out like the new state system then yeah 106 will work until it fully turned into a phase II system... upgrade to a GRE-800 or another scanner that may be out that decodes Phase II

DJ88

It won't be for a while yet as I'm sure there's a lot of work to be done before it becomes operational. When it goes into operation, or prior to that, when they begin the testing phase, you'll see information posted here.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
when they start testing we be able get it on pro 106 thank you

By the time this system is fully implemented, I would say no is almost a definite bet. All new systems being installed will be Project-25 Phase II compliant moving forward; only those who are already in possession of their equipment (at least from Motorola) will still remain hybrid systems. With the APX units readily available now, that is Motorola's current product.

As a side note, the NJ State 700 system WILL NOT remain a hybrid system for very long either. Recently numerous talkgroups have been added and are being testing in TDMA only; which leaves the Pro-106 out of the loop...

Never-the-less, the Pro-106 is still a solid scanner for the Southern/Central NJ area; at least for another year or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.