I have to reinstall PSREdit500 for my pro106 why does..

Status
Not open for further replies.

beamin

Premium Subscriber
I bought this computer used with a trial version of psredit already on it from a while ago, and want to try the PSRedit500 program. The problem is when I install the new program it thinks I have already downloaded it. So I uninstalled it as best I can using windows 8. I installed / reinstalled three times. Still thinks that I have an expired copy. I moved and need my Rshack PRO106 to pick up the new police freqs...
I did a search but came up empty handed.
Aside from pulling my hair out in frustration what else can I do?

EDIT: I posted this tread in the pro 106 forum by mistake.

Swipesy

I bought this computer used with a trial version of psredit already on it from a while ago, and want to try the PSRedit500 program. The problem is when I install the new program it thinks I have already downloaded it. So I uninstalled it as best I can using windows 8. I installed / reinstalled three times. Still thinks that I have an expired copy. I moved and need my Rshack PRO106 to pick up the new police freqs...
I did a search but came up empty handed.
Aside from pulling my hair out in frustration what else can I do?

EDIT: I posted this tread in the pro 106 forum by mistake.

If the trial program was ever used on your PC then the trial began its countdown. If the program is so important to you (and it should be) then spend the $35 and buy it.

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
Once the trial is used on a computer that's it, you can't uninstall and reinstall for another trial, the program leaves behind a marker when it's uninstalled, so even removing it and reinstalling it still knows there was a trial used on the computer. The purpose is to prevent the very thing you're trying to do.

About your only options are to purchase the program or format the hard drive and reload Windows (I'm assuming) on the computer, which will get you one more 30 day trial, that's a lot of work though just to get 30 days of use out of a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.