I heard my 1st Digital Comm Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxsandman

I've had a BC796D since they came out at my house near Pryor, in NE Oklahoma. I can't pickup ANY Digital trunking systems from my house, so I've never heard digital on it. What a waste, but it's a nice scanner.

Anyway this rainy morning I think I heard my 1st digital transmission on it! It was on 155.490 of all frequencies! The signal strength was low and I'm pretty sure it was "skip" coming in from afar. The communication was broken up a little and sounded "digital". My scanner was flashing P25 next to the normal description, which is the 1st time I've seen that. I heard 2 tramission and that was it. I couldn't figure out what they was talking about, so no idea on where it came from.

I thought that was kind of a odd frequency to have digital comms transmitted on. Anyone else hear this or anything like it?

James

CommShrek

"490" is a common mutual aid frequency around here and is used by several different agencies in Northeast Oklahoma (and elsewhere for that matter). It's hard to say where it came from without maybe picking up bits of the conversation.

car2back

I hear digital stuff alot on 490 at work (csq). Shrek's right; there's no telling where it's coming from! (now if I could just intigrate that BCi25D card into the console at work...:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.