I hope upman reads my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hi Paul.

The stock batteries that came with my HP-1 no longer charge so I was just wondering what re-chargeable batteries, that will charge with the DC charger that came with my HP-1 do you recommend?

Thanks Sheldon.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Seriously, though, as the voice of the manufacturer, UPMan can only recommend the supplied batteries. As an individual (Paul), I have a practically unlimited supply of those batteries so really don't ever have a need to try others.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
The HP1 uses 4 NiMH AA batteries. You can replace them with any other NiMH AA batteries. The higher the mAh rating, the longer the batteries will last (per charge).

NiMH batteries listed as "pre-charged" or "LSD" (low self discharge) will hold their charge much longer than standard NiMH batteries when not in use, but this comes at the price of lower mAh ratings. The Sanyo Eneloops are a good choice for pre-charged NiMH batteries. If longer per-charge time is more important to you, then just go for the highest mAh you can find, as this will determine how long the scanner will run on battery power before needing to recharge (or swap batteries).

The scanner's internal charger is just a basic timed charger (turns on when plugged in and turns off when the programmed time is up). If using the internal charger then set the charge time according to the battery specs.

:)

al95

Seriously, though, as the voice of the manufacturer, UPMan can only recommend the supplied batteries. As an individual (Paul), I have a practically unlimited supply of those batteries so really don't ever have a need to try others.

Send some of those batteries my way....

se

Thanks for the battery responses but still having a different ongoing issue.

Hello All.

Thanks everyone for the battery recommendations. I am still having an ongoing issue with the serial driver(s) so that I can use the virtual control of ARC-XT PRO in Windows 7 Home Premium. Is the virtual control fully functional now? Where do I put the serial drivers?

Sheldon.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can place the files anywhere. The first time you use HP-1 in serial mode, your PC should prompt you for the location of the drivers.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Depending on operating system and where you unzipped the files, the PC might have found the drivers w/o prompting you. You can always plug in the HP-1, put it in serial mode, then look in the device manager to see if there are any "unknown devices." If there is (and if it appears/disappears when you plug in/unplug in the HP-1), then update the driver for that device and point it to the driver file.

se

Hi Again.

Hi again Paul.

I did the steps that you told me to do in Device Manager but I still cant use the Virtual Control in ARC-PATROL in Windows 7.

Sheldon.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hi again Paul.

I did the steps that you told me to do in Device Manager but I still cant use the Virtual Control in ARC-PATROL in Windows 7.

Sheldon.

I am unable to use the VC as well. Doesn't see the scanner (though I can read from and write to it from Sentinel and ARC-Patrol).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Did you check the Device Manager to figure out which port the Home Patrol was on and then set Arc Patrol to use that port?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Did you check the Device Manager to figure out which port the Home Patrol was on and then set Arc Patrol to use that port?

That's the thing, I'm not seeing it in DM on my computer. It doesn't show up, though it will read and write to it. I tried plugging and unplugging and plugging the cable again to see if it would ever show up. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.