I just got the BCD396XT scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

I just received my BCD396XT this morning. I just finish programming it, and ran into trouble when connecting to BC-RH96 remote head. The remote head read processing please wait. I did a quick search and found the answer. Now I love BCD396XT scanner.

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
But the 396XT doesn't have a built-in database, correct? So you have to program in all the freqs or control channels. For me, that's a huge advantage of the Home Patrol and 436/536.

al95

No it does not have built in database but you don't have corrupt sd cards to worry about. The programming for the bcd396xt is easier then the bcd436/536HP using software on both.

joeuser

The Wretched
SD card issues happen when you just yank the cord without properly stopping the USB device, this isn't a Uniden issue, good lord...

al95

How can a sd card go bad when it is installed in the radio? A friend had his BCD436HP at work then all of sudden the scanner stop scanning. It was not reading the sd card it got corrupted while installed inside the radio .

joeuser

The Wretched
And therefore ALL SD cards in the x36's are bad, MmmmK... NO. Maybe the card itself was bad, in this one case. It happens. Brand new things sometimes sneak through QC. Its the exception not the rule. Furthermore, Uniden used a superior manufacturer of memory with Sandisk. They didn't use some no name scrub company. NEXT!

al95

So why did the sd card go bad when the radio was on and scanning. I know there are good and bad cards manufacturer out there.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So why did the sd card go bad when the radio was on and scanning.

Short version: Excrement occurs.

Long version: Despite rigorous QC and best-practice manufacturing techniques, sometimes highly complex electronic devices fail after a short period of use. Google "bathtub curve" for more info.

In the meantime, go buy a $10 replacement card and there is a 99%+ probability you will not have any further issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.