I just put EchoLink on my iPhone, what's next? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedmaster

Hey, guys. I installed EchoLink on my iPhone, and I registered and verified my call-sign. So what's next? How exactly do I use it from my phone?

I can see the local popular repeater listed, but it's not entirely clear to me how to listen to it (as I would the mobile radio in my car) and transmit properly from the phone.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hey, guys. I installed EchoLink on my iPhone, and I registered and verified my call-sign. So what's next? How exactly do I use it from my phone?

I can see the local popular repeater listed, but it's not entirely clear to me how to listen to it (as I would the mobile radio in my car) and transmit properly from the phone.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Hello Chris,

All you need to do is connect to the local repeater and it will connect to it and it should have a brief messaying this is .... repeater system or etc. And press talk or transmit to talk on the repeater then click on the microphone in the middle of the screen...Then click on end to end the link from your phone to the repeater.

mparker

Don't limit yourself to only your local repeater. You now have the ability to connect to HAMs around the world! You are also able to connect directly to other users for a simplex type QSO.

There is also he HamTwitNet that is a lot of fun too... I am sure there are many other Echolink Nets but I haven't found them yet.

Play around with it, enjoy modern technology... Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.