I keep losing my "signed in" status...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2NJS

Yesterday my RR setup started losing my "signed in" status after a few message readings. I sign in like I always have, but after a short time my callsign disappears from the top of the page and then when I try to post a message the program asks me to sign in. Does anyone else have this problem, or can someone tell me what's causing this to happen?

Thanks.

Tom, W2NJS

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

It's been doing that to me for months. It comes and goes. I use the mobile version of RR. Just this session it's been bouncing back and forth almost every page.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Oh, and when I appear to be logged in, I'll try to post a comment on a thread, and I get nothing but a blank white screen after clicking on "Post Reply".

KB7MIB

The comment above took 3 trys...

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO CLICK "REMEMBER ME" WHEN YOU LOGIN!! (This should prevent this)

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO CLICK "REMEMBER ME" WHEN YOU LOGIN!! (This should prevent this)

I can't believe that I just saw Dude111 recommend that somebody uses a cookie to stay logged in to a website.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Yes well alot of ppl seem to FORGET TO CHECK THAT BOX and thats why this happens....

MadSpleen85

Doesn't seem to be a cookies issue. I noticed that too, always have the "remember me" option checked and have cookies for the site. RR seems to be the only one that is repeatedly kicking my log in information.

This is my second attempt at posting this message. I typed the message once, clicked "Submit Reply" and was asked to log in again.

KB7MIB

What "Remember Me" box? There is none, at least for the mobile version.

W2NJS

Losing the "signed in" status...

I went back to my sign in screen and, sure enough, my "remember me" box is always
checked when I sign in. And the program just dumped me again after I signed in.

bezking

Tom and others,

I would recommend you clear both your cookies and your cache. This issue could be related to some tweaks Lindsay recently made after some email addresses were compromised. Let me know what browser you are using if you need specific instructions.

Hope this helps!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would also check any extensions that you have installed. Some clear your cookies as soon as you shut your browser down.

Mike

W2NJS

Loss of "signed in" status...

Tom and others,

I would recommend you clear both your cookies and your cache. This issue could be related to some tweaks Lindsay recently made after some email addresses were compromised. Let me know what browser you are using if you need specific instructions.

Hope this helps!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben:

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

Regards,

Tom, W2NJS

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben:

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

Regards,

Tom, W2NJS

Same here too.

n9zas

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
As far as I can tell this is a client-side issue. I use Firefox whenever I visit the site. I do not check Remember Me and I have no issue logging in and staying logged in for hours. I log out manually when I'm done.

Whatever is going on is the browser cookie causing this.

W2NJS

Okay, now the Board tells me I'm signed in, but I'm getting ads between posts, which I should not be seeing, and when I go to write this post the Board asks me to sign in, which I do and then I'm apparently "really" signed in. Since others are experiencing the same or similar problems I really don't think the problem is on my system here. What do y'all think?

bear780ks

Okay, now the Board tells me I'm signed in, but I'm getting ads between posts, which I should not be seeing, and when I go to write this post the Board asks me to sign in, which I do and then I'm apparently "really" signed in. Since others are experiencing the same or similar problems I really don't think the problem is on my system here. What do y'all think?

I was told it's because i don't have a Paid subscription) :twisted: i guess the moral of the story is that you want ad free you pay! You don't pay you don't get to play:p ad free that is..

And you might check W2NJS your subscription might of ran out.. Ra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.