I Know This Forum Is For Scanners but,

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Alain said:
This guy can't be married with an XLY and have all these receivers/transmitters/transceivers. It's not possible!
That's a common misconception shared (and passed on) by many, unfortunately.... :roll:

Many people are restricted solely by their income and not their marital status.

Besides, judging by looks and perceived age of this particular individual, it looks like he has had quite a few decades to "gather" all this equipment more than any factor.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
that has got be to $2 million worth of equipment, as old as he is he probally hasn't gotten around to even using all that equipment....lol....he should just get paid by the county he lives in to be used as an EOC.....make some extra bucks

elk2370bruce

kikito said:
That's a common misconception shared (and passed on) by many, unfortunately.... :roll:

Many people are restricted solely by their income and not their marital status.

Besides, judging by looks and perceived age of this particular individual, it looks like he has had quite a few decades to "gather" all this equipment more than any factor.

Marriage is like a manure sandwich. The more bread you have, the less **** you gotta eat.

trace1

I feel so inadequate now... :(

... but then again I’m new to the hobby so just maybe one day I can have... well... maybe 1/10th of what he has. ;)

red8

My wife told me that if I go to get another radio she said that she would leave me- Damn I'm gonna miss her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one sweet set up Totally Sweet

shortwaving

If you look carefully, you'll notice that he runs a Bread & Breakfast in Door County, Wisconsin.

Apparently his "shack" is a wholly seperate building from the main home. Also he has (naturally) accomodations for short-term rental, and one of them looks very nice.

I've been around the world, and got "dragged" up to "County Door" a long time ago. I really didn't want to go, and after a few days really didn't want to leave. It's one of the few places that I feel bummed when it's time to go.

Only a 6 hour drive from Chicago, and if you want to get away from the big city, you shouldn't miss it.

K0AZV

shortwaving said:
If you look carefully, you'll notice that he runs a Bread & Breakfast in Door County, Wisconsin.

Not sure if he advertises the B&B with the benefit of a fully stocked shack on premise but he should. I've always had that wild idea of starting a B&B and having a shack that visiting hams could use.

Max...

daleduke17

K0AZV said:
Not sure if he advertises the B&B with the benefit of a fully stocked shack on premise but he should. I've always had that wild idea of starting a B&B and having a shack that visiting hams could use.

Max...

Yes, he does advertise the fact that he has a ham shack on premesis. Look in the "About Us" page.

Status
Not open for further replies.