I know this sounds weird but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsjazz

I work from home and often when I am at my desk, I set my scanner for emergency freqs. only (hot lines, cspern, etc...) so I can concentrate yet hopefully, not miss much if anything big should happen.
For the last couple of days I hear someone belching, yes you heard right, belching on 460.1625 (one of the Fairfield hot lines) Sometimes it's repeated often and then several hours will go by and it will happen again. I know many depts. have these radios so it could be anyone, but it makes me wonder why anyone would be doing this? Is law enforcement that boring? just passing this along!

Belching

Actually, I can think of two possible explanations:

1) You're picking up "skip" from Belchertown, MA or

2) "Sausage Pancake Bites are back by popular demanDD at participating U.S. DD’s!"

Twitter

(America's Police Departments Run on Dunkin' © )

eclipse175

This has been going on for almost a month. Whoever is doing it, law enforcement or just some idiot with the frequency in their radio clearly has nothing better to do. I wish the worst for whoever is doing it. I'm certain that by now there is an active search going on for this guy.

KB1JHU

I have heard the burper on Southwest CMED Meds 2, 3 & 9, AMR Bridgeport, Stratford PD, and the Fairfield County UHF hotline you mentioned. I have also been told he has come up on Fairfield PD. I suspect that the person is in the Bridgeport area.

Last edited:

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I wouldn't be suprised if it is someone with a "hacked" radio.

Hopefully they are found.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
And this is why so many people here come unglued when some guy comes along and says he wants to program public safety frequencies into his tranceiver "just in case".

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Was I the only one who saw KB1JHU's avatar, and thought we might have the culprit? ;)

And zz, just wanted to say I love your signature.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It's also "another reason" why you see some departments going P25 Encrypted too...

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
How will this protect from someone doing what was said above?

I am referring to the people buying hacked radios causing interference. Unless those people know someone on the inside, they won't know the encryption key, plus the "thrill" of hearing themselves on the scanner would go away.

eclipse175

Again.... unless they program their receivers not to accept incoming unencrypted traffic this still doesn't prevent the problem. Encrypted radios still RX clear transmissions. FAPERN is inter ops. It won't go P25 for a long long long time.

Edit: This is my 69th post.. nice!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
You know, in my head it sounded better....Now that I re-read it, it doesn't really have any logic to it, what-so-ever.

Carry on and ignore my 2nd post in this thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.