I love my 436 BUT (ATTN: UPMAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommypierson

I love this radio, It is most definitely the best scanner I have owned to date. With that said I thought I would comment on a few quality control issues I have found this week.

#1 One of my rechargeable batterys were DOA (Only 10mV) and would not accept a charge.

#2 There is white dust specks under the screen. Not enough to return the unit but this does bother me a little as I am very picky.

#3 The plastic screen has been polished from the factory and if you hold it a certain way you can see swirl marks (Like when you look at a brand new black car in the sun if is has been polish wrong)

Just thought you might want to know some feedback.

safetyobc

I don't know how they would have known about the dead battery? I would assume they come from an outside supplier. I would be willing to bet if you contacted their support number they would ship you new batteries.

Can you post pics of the other 2 problems?

BLHennington

Looking for AC & DC adaptors

Batteries are good but I'd be interested in where I can find the AC and DC adapter for the 436.
Thanks for your help! **New to the forum so please forgive if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Bruce H

tommypierson

I don't know how they would have known about the dead battery? I would assume they come from an outside supplier. I would be willing to bet if you contacted their support number they would ship you new batteries.

Can you post pics of the other 2 problems?

Here is the white specks and the swirls as they are all under the screen =(

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 20140211_115606.jpg
    20140211_115606.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,315
Last edited:

kb8rvp

Batteries are good but I'd be interested in where I can find the AC and DC adapter for the 436.
Thanks for your help! **New to the forum so please forgive if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Bruce H

If you look at the bottom of the Wiki page for the PSR-800 you will see power adapters that can also be used on the Uniden 436 scanner as they both take the same adapters. You can also use old cell phone adapters as well. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page: PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

O am using the same AC/DC adapter on my PSR-800 and by new uniden scanner.

Mike

W2SJW

Database Admin
The swirls would be a deal-breaker for me. The specks? I just take the 6 screws out of the back & gently remove the front half of the shell. Then, a quick shot of some canned air.

The specks are coming back every 2 weeks, so I'd really like to know where the case perimeter void is that's letting it in...

Edit - wonder if it's the headphone jack...

kikito

Premium Subscriber
The swirls would be a deal-breaker for me. The specks? I just take the 6 screws out of the back & gently remove the front half of the shell. Then, a quick shot of some canned air.

The specks are coming back every 2 weeks, so I'd really like to know where the case perimeter void is that's letting it in...

Edit - wonder if it's the headphone jack...

Could be through the headphone jack or it could be like my PSR-800, coming from some material within the radio.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
No swirls here, but I've got a few little white specks that I suspect are my own doing - probably a stray ash or two from sitting outside smoking a cigarette on my patio while I listen. The neighbors must think I'm some sort of neighborhood watch nerd or something because I'm always sitting out there with the scanner now that I have this unit, lol.

-AZ

Blackink

If you look at the bottom of the Wiki page for the PSR-800 you will see power adapters that can also be used on the Uniden 436 scanner as they both take the same adapters. You can also use old cell phone adapters as well. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page: PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

O am using the same AC/DC adapter on my PSR-800 and by new uniden scanner.

Mike

I don't seem to load up any ac/dc power adapters from the link you provided.
2 of the links don't seem to work anyway: The USB Power Adapter, and the Memory Card Converter Drive.
The Car USB Power adapter loads up but that ain't for ac.....
Am I missing something here?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Dust under the screen

On the PSR 800 the scanner had a very thin opening along both sides of the screen. Dust would get sucked into it from static build up on the display and stick the screen. I took mine apart and taped the opening with black electrical tape and never had the issue again.

EdwardnNC

Premium Subscriber
What about using a plug to keep the headphone jack covered when not in use?

nategb

Premium Subscriber
I did not look at my 436 screen that closely when it arrived. If my 436 had any swirls they were easily removed with a soft, dry, and clean lint free cloth and are not present at this time. Upon very close inspection there are 3 very small white specks behind the clear screen plastic. These may or may not have been there from the get go but in ordinary use they are invisible and are not a problem for me.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber

Wow, that looks USED or an exchange. Where'd you get it? Everything I've ever gotten from Uniden has been pristine.

Why do you bring this stuff to the forum and wave it around for the Uniden Product Manager? This should have gone straight back to the retailer.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Why do you bring this stuff to the forum and wave it around for the Uniden Product Manager? This should have gone straight back to the retailer.

Why NOT do that? What's wrong with what he did? It sounds like a design issue (the specks, not the swirls) and the retailer would have nothing to do with that aside giving him another unit

Status
Not open for further replies.