SDS100/SDS200: I love my SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Good, nice to hear "scanners" are getting better. No sign of the "competition" at CES either.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I just spent close to 3k on new Photo Equipment. Guess who is not getting a new scanner? I'm happy with my 436/536. No one asked, just thought I should have something to say.lol I am glad you are happy with your new radio!

Last edited:

baj76

Uniden fanboy
i love my SDS100..Im thinking about buying a SDS200 But im scared ill get one with the hum problem

tvengr

Well Known Member
i love my SDS100..Im thinking about buying a SDS200 But im scared ill get one with the hum problem
On the early SDS200's that I bought, the hum wasn't even noticeable without the fix. The only time it may possibly be somewhat objectionable is used on an amplified speaker when the scanner volume is set to a low level. The level of the hum remains the same regardless of the volume control setting. So if you crank up the volume, the hum disappears. It can be completely silenced during periods of no transmissions by the Set Audio Off Time setting in the scanner menu. Go ahead and get the SDS200. They are good scanners. I apologize for forgetting your anniversary gift.

Bob1955

Buy it from Bearcat Warehouse and ask for Paul there, their number is 877-568-7726 and free shipping and no sales tax except if you live in Maryland. Look at his YouTube video's on that model and all others too. He's the best person there and tell him Bob M. told you. I don't get a commission either.
Have a great weekend, sir.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I ordered a SMA antenna and a Replacement Battery from Bearcat Warehouse back on feb 3. And i still haven't received a shipping email yet, im guessing they haven't shipped my order yet, im kinda disappointed with Bearcat Warehouse communication,

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I guess ill call Paul Monday...im kinda disappointed with Bearcat Warehouse communication

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Do you have the same issue when scanning from the full database?

Blunt630

I have two SDS100's :) BTW anybody knows where I can buy the smaller battery? my first SDS arrived with the smaller one.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's not available from Uniden. Your only option is to find someone who bought one of the first 1000 units produced, and convince them to sell theirs.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Being that is one of the original SDS100's...
If it is registered with Uniden don't they send you a new large battery
and cover for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.