I made the biggest mistake ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan_Love_Jr

Two weeks ago I ordered a Radio Shack Pro-404 Scanner. It was ordered on a Tuesday. Here it is Friday January the 29th. I just got off work and the damn thing still isn't in. Any told me that is was gonna be in today. :mad: They said they got in one shipment and are expecting there second shipment later this evening. I swear. If that Radio isn't in by the time they close. I'm gonna say the hell with them and i'm gonna go to Omaha and buy one. I'm just sick of there bull s*it. And yet when I was at the store. I saw that same Radio up on the display rack. So. When she said that the radio isn't in. I said. I knew I should have got it at another store. This Blair Radio Shack is a joke :mad: Sorry for the rant. It just gets tiresome. Later

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Two weeks ago I ordered a Radio Shack Pro-404 Scanner. It was ordered on a Tuesday. Here it is Friday January the 29th. I just got off work and the damn thing still isn't in. Any told me that is was gonna be in today. :mad: They said they got in one shipment and are expecting there second shipment later this evening. I swear. If that Radio isn't in by the time they close. I'm gonna say the hell with them and i'm gonna go to Omaha and buy one. I'm just sick of there bull s*it. And yet when I was at the store. I saw that same Radio up on the display rack. So. When she said that the radio isn't in. I said. I knew I should have got it at another store. This Blair Radio Shack is a joke :mad: Sorry for the rant. It just gets tiresome. Later

If you went into the store at 1716 WASHINGTON ST, BLAIR, NE 68008, it is not a company owned store but is a franchise dealer. They make their own rules . The closest company owned stores are in Omaha and Fremont

jamesa53

When you order online, you cannot simply exchange the online one for the scanner in the store. You have to buy it and then wait until the one you ordered comes in, then return the online one to the store that it was ordered from. You can't simply trade it. You would think that you could but you cant. This must be a RS company wide rule. I ran into this on a PRO-107 here at the RS in Terre Haute who had one in stock and I had ordered one online. and I tried to get the one in the store but they couldnt do it.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
When you order on line, the product comes from RADIOSHACK.COM and you, as the customer, do not poses the product till it is delivered and you accept the order. For loss prevention purposes, the stores are prohibited from refunding or exchanging the item until it is in your hands. Don't blame the company for protecting its interest because of the bad folks that try to steal items any way they can. Yes, I have had it happen to me.

D

DaveNF2G

I don't understand why anyone with Internet access still buys radios from Radio Shack, particularly scanners.

N0IU

I don't understand why anyone with Internet access still buys radios from Radio Shack, particularly scanners.
Well it wasn't exactly a radio, but I got my last iPod Touch from RS. It is normally an in-stock item, but because there was a special promotion, they were sold out so I ordered it online for the same price. At the time, everyone had the 8gb version for right around $200 (even places like Best Buy and Wal-Mart), but RS was including a $20 gift card which brought the price below everyone else. I ordered it on a Monday and UPS delivered it on Friday,

Yeah, Radio Shack is still Radio Shack, but once in a while, you can find a bargain there... but not often!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider

Would you care to go into more detail as to why you feel that way?

Sometimes a product in not available at the local store level but is in the warehouse. If that is the case, what is wrong with ordering it from RadioShack.com?

JoeyC

Would you care to go into more detail as to why you feel that way?

Sometimes a product in not available at the local store level but is in the warehouse. If that is the case, what is wrong with ordering it from RadioShack.com?

Internet shopping has always brought competetive pricing to anything you wish to purchase. RadioShack has a limited inventory with fixed pricetags. You can often find the same product and MANY others with competative prices at online retailers.

jamesa53

For loss prevention purposes, the stores are prohibited from refunding or exchanging the item until it is in your hands. Don't blame the company for protecting its interest because of the bad folks that try to steal items any way they can. Yes, I have had it happen to me.

Can you please explain how a loss is going to occur if the product ordered and prepaid is still in the posession of the RadioShack shipping/ordering system and the item for purchase is on the shelf or counter of the store?

Sure seems like a RS store could cancel an online order then sell the same item stocked in their store without risking loss. Seems that they could verify that the customer has ordered the item online especiallly if the customer can produce the credit card used to pay for it.

Assuming someone wanted to scam them and go to another store and attempt to get a second identical item using an online order, would the online order not say "Cancelled" or something akin to that when the RS personnel looked the order up?

Maybe a RS employee or former employee can chime in here as to why this cannot be done (e.g. canceling an online order and purchasing from store stock instead).

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I worked there from 2001 to 2003. At that time (and maybe something has changed since then), online orders could not be cancelled or edited by a store location. The two point of sale systems were not linked at all, therefore didn't talk with one another. To complicate matters, it appears that this particular store is a franchise location and not a corporate store location. If RS did at some point bridge this gap between online and store POS systems, a franchise store would most likely still not be able to access a corporate order.

We had a franchise store down the street a couple miles from our corporate store, and folks would always come in wanting to exchange or return an item from the franchise store at our corporate store and we would have to send them back to the franchise location because the two POS systems were not integrated. The inventory came out of two different systems.

CompuDoc

Well it wasn't exactly a radio, but I got my last iPod Touch from RS. It is normally an in-stock item, but because there was a special promotion, they were sold out so I ordered it online for the same price. At the time, everyone had the 8gb version for right around $200 (even places like Best Buy and Wal-Mart), but RS was including a $20 gift card which brought the price below everyone else. I ordered it on a Monday and UPS delivered it on Friday,

Yeah, Radio Shack is still Radio Shack, but once in a while, you can find a bargain there... but not often!

Back in the early 80's I bought a 13" color TV from RS. Originally I was going to buy the 5" portable but when I asked about it the manager looked in the upcoming sale circular. As I was looking over his shoulder I seen the the 13" was going to be on sale for the Demo model. The demo model that they had just came in and was not unboxed yet so I told him I would take it. He told me he could not sell it to me at the price it was going on sale for because the sale had not started yet so he told me he would hold onto it if I put a deposit on it. Picked it up a week later the first day of the sale and the box was still sealed. That set lasted for 20 years before it died. The same exact model was made by Samsung.

Back in the early 90's I bought a video camera from RS. It was branded Memorex but again Sharp had the same exact model but at RS it was $100 cheaper. You can get some good deals at RS if you know who actually made the product and find that the RS one is lower in cost.

Of course that all changes now as RS does not only sell their own brand.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If not getting a scanner as fast as you'd like the the BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU EVER MADE, then you've had a great life. Enjoy the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.