I miss having CC Only in Custom Search x36HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I like the scanners but I sure miss having Control Channel Only in Custom Search. That was a powerful option when your scanning for new frequencies. I understand Uniden will be releasing a analyzer update but don't you need to know the frequencies first that you want to analyze?

I know when I search a range of frequencies I will know right off the bat that the CC has already been identified by the SYS ID as it flashes on the screen and I continue my search.

Will the analyzer allow me to perform the same function when I search a range of frequencies or do I already have to have a known trunk system in my favorites like the HP-1?

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I like the scanners but I sure miss having Control Channel Only in Custom Search. That was a powerful option when your scanning for new frequencies. I understand Uniden will be releasing a analyzer update but don't you need to know the frequencies first that you want to analyze?

I know when I search a range of frequencies I will know right off the bat that the CC has already been identified by the SYS ID as it flashes on the screen and I continue my search.

Will the analyzer allow me to perform the same function when I search a range of frequencies or do I already have to have a known trunk system in my favorites like the HP-1?

Good Question and I agree it is a powerful tool!

Of course, UPMan is the only person that really could answer this question but no doubt he is having to wait and see just how much can be delivered in a particular time-line. Writing control software can be tricky since the hardware may not interact as expected (one of many problems). However, I have assumed that the analyzer update will be an augmented version of the HP-1E's abilities.

I am also interested in if the command codes of the x36HP will allow for fuller virtual control of the scanner than what we have with the HP-1E (with programs like Butel's Arc Patrol). I use the logging function in that program (with the HP-1E) a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.