I moved to Orange County. Is my scanner a paper weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
According to the database, City Interoperability PINK and County Interoperability TAN talkgroups are in the clear. Can anyone advise if much is heard on these TG's?
Not on a normal day. With an event going on such as parades, brush fires ect. they can be used.

LA-OC_SCANNER

According to the database, City Interoperability PINK and County Interoperability TAN talkgroups are in the clear. Can anyone advise if much is heard on these TG's?
Most cities rarely use the pink channel, though Buena Park seems to love it for informal field communications. TAN talkgroups are also rarely used, the most common use I see for them is they are used by the Sheriff's/LE on brush fire and evacuation incidents.

LA-OC_SCANNER

The following are unencrypted on the CCCS system:

Aircall (law enforcement helicopter hailing)
DSP-DSP (dispatch center coordination)
95% of the public works channels
Animal Control
OCTA Supervisors
OC Parks
OC Lifeguards/each city's LG channel
John Wayne Airport

stuff you can also listen to:

CHP
California State Parks

plus a bunch of other things I'm forgetting to name.
What scanner do you use to listen to Aircall and the other CW cell stuff with? Do you have any issues monitoring Aircall at all? My WS1040 works well on most unencrypted countywide cell talkgroups but for whatever reason Aircall is always super broken up and I often miss transmissions. Trying to see if it is my scanner just not liking that talk group or if it is a common issue on the system.

KF6DGN

Be sure to include these:
151.085 OC Access VHF / Advisory Broadcast / Patch Capable
mostly for SigAlerts and road closures
151.010 OC Fire Tactical / Outside Agency Interop
very active

You can also monitor CHP. SoCal home of the car pursuits!

Happy monitoring,

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
What scanner do you use to listen to Aircall and the other CW cell stuff with? Do you have any issues monitoring Aircall at all? My WS1040 works well on most unencrypted countywide cell talkgroups but for whatever reason Aircall is always super broken up and I often miss transmissions. Trying to see if it is my scanner just not liking that talk group or if it is a common issue on the system.

I have a BCD436HP, PSR-600, and a TRX-2. It's not the best reception but that's the case even within OC. Probably a common issue. I also use Unitrunker.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Back to the original message: W6VVM - I'm curious if you can hear any of the fire VHF repeaters from San Bernardino County down there. 159.120, 154.190, 151.145, 154.385

W6VVM

Back to the original message: W6VVM - I'm curious if you can hear any of the fire VHF repeaters from San Bernardino County down there. 159.120, 154.190, 151.145, 154.385

So far that’s a negative. I’ve been scanning those channels since last night but nothing. But I’m limited to my SDS100 with Diamond RH77CA. I want to get an outdoor antenna but haven’t found the time. It’s also pouring rain out here in Laguna Niguel. Guessing that’s not helping my reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.