I must be missing something in Snohomish County

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirnoir

Hello all, decided on a whim to start up the Pro-95 with RS 800Mhz antenna I bought several years ago when I lived in a high fire danger area in CA. Definitely a rank beginner, but I've been trying to research and learn.

I now live on the Lake Stevens / Everett line at SR 204 / SR 9. I've setup my scanner with the following frequencies . .

Snohomish County trunking:

I think from reading around that I can't put both of these in the same bank on this scanner, or at least there is a lot of debate about the ability to do so. It's really no big deal since I just listen at home, so they are on banks all by themselves.

I also added WSP:

So here's where it gets weird in my little head. I get a whole lot of traffic, I mean the thing is going nonstop, EXCEPT things that are right around me! I listened to the structure fire in Arlington a few nights ago, the search for the armed robbery suspect in Smokey Point last night and part of the search for the missing girl in Everett tonight.

From time to time while I'm listening, I hear sirens right around me, but never a peep on the radio that even mentions a local address.

Am I missing some frequencies? Am I a moron? (wait, don't answer that) Is there some system in this area that got rebanded? (he asks like he really understands that at all)

Thanks in advance!

Stavro35

You can scan both trunked and conventional systems in the same bank.

The control channels needed are 868.3375 867.9375 867.175 (West cell) 868.925,868.750

Are you scanning in open or closeed mode?

This system is mixed mode according to RR :Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

Your list of WSP frequencies is accurate

sirnoir

Are you scanning in open or closeed mode?
Open, I have a Mac computer so programming with software seems to be a bit of a challenge. I figured this way I would just add the IDs manually until I find everything I want, then close it down.
This system is mixed mode according to RR :Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

Hrm, newbie question here. Does this mean that the same audio is broadcasted in both analog and digital? Or, does it mean that some of it is digital only? If part of it is digital only, that would certainly explain the large gaps. As I understand it the Pro95 is not a digital scanner.

Thanks

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Open, I have a Mac computer so programming with software seems to be a bit of a challenge. I figured this way I would just add the IDs manually until I find everything I want, then close it down.

Hrm, newbie question here. Does this mean that the same audio is broadcasted in both analog and digital? Or, does it mean that some of it is digital only? If part of it is digital only, that would certainly explain the large gaps. As I understand it the Pro95 is not a digital scanner.

Thanks
Snohomish county is analog, They do use digital from time to time but that might be once or twice a year and that would be if something very big was going on, when they have used digital they have to call back to the station and have someone bring them the radio's and I have only heard Everett police use them.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Hello all, decided on a whim to start up the Pro-95 with RS 800Mhz antenna I bought several years ago when I lived in a high fire danger area in CA. Definitely a rank beginner, but I've been trying to research and learn.

I now live on the Lake Stevens / Everett line at SR 204 / SR 9. I've setup my scanner with the following frequencies . .

Snohomish County trunking:

I think from reading around that I can't put both of these in the same bank on this scanner, or at least there is a lot of debate about the ability to do so. It's really no big deal since I just listen at home, so they are on banks all by themselves.

I also added WSP:

So here's where it gets weird in my little head. I get a whole lot of traffic, I mean the thing is going nonstop, EXCEPT things that are right around me! I listened to the structure fire in Arlington a few nights ago, the search for the armed robbery suspect in Smokey Point last night and part of the search for the missing girl in Everett tonight.

From time to time while I'm listening, I hear sirens right around me, but never a peep on the radio that even mentions a local address.

Am I missing some frequencies? Am I a moron? (wait, don't answer that) Is there some system in this area that got rebanded? (he asks like he really understands that at all)

Thanks in advance!
By the time you here Fire engines sirens they have already recived the call and are on there way to the call. for north fire you need DEC 720 for dispatch and DEC 752.
You can find more info here.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2527
For North County "north of everett" you should be useing site 003 East Simulcast control channels 868.58750a use this one ---->"868.75000c" 868.92500a
For East Fire you need DEC 656 for dispatch and DEC 688 and you need to use control channel 868.7500 this for Lake Stevens area

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.