I Need A Freescan File To Learn With

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpwilson

If anyone has a FreeScan file I can get for trial purposes, I would like to get a copy of it. I find that I can learn a lot from re-engineering one that someone uses for their scanner.

I recently purchased another 396XT (had one years ago) and I've just begun to upload all the data to it. I would like a copy of one that someone uses so I can take it apart and study what's happening in theirs before I screw mine up too badly.

73 and thanks for your help and guidance.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am sending you an e-mail with some tips and the file you requested to the email listed in your signature block.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If anyone has a FreeScan file I can get for trial purposes, I would like to get a copy of it. I find that I can learn a lot from re-engineering one that someone uses for their scanner.

I recently purchased another 396XT (had one years ago) and I've just begun to upload all the data to it. I would like a copy of one that someone uses so I can take it apart and study what's happening in theirs before I screw mine up too badly.

73 and thanks for your help and guidance.
Hi Patrick

I could give you a file for my area, or take a stab at a file for yours, but you'd probably get a more useful, local, response from someone in your home state. They'd be much more familiar with the systems in use than I'd ever be.

Since posting an identical request in your state forum, Virgina, would be 'cross-posting', which is frowned upon, instead, do this:
Click on the red outlined triangle in the upper right corner to request that your thread be moved to the Virginia forum. You can then connect with one or more members in your home sate who may be able to give you a file with systems that you are interested in.

Being able to use a 'starter' file from someone else, and compare how a given trunked system, or set of conventional frequencies for a given county, look when programmed for the scanner as opposed to the layout on a database page is a good way to get a better understanding of programming the scanner correctly. You can see what works, which helps you correct the occasional data entry errors and typos that causes something mot to work.

In the unlikely event that you do not get a response there (be patient, what with work schedules and vacations, it could be this evening or even tomorrow before someone has a chance to read and respond fully), you can pm me and I'll throw a file together for you. I would need your city and county as a reference, along with what you'd like. Law Enforcement? Fire? EMS? Surrounding areas? What kind of antenna are you using? (This would give me an idea of the range you might expect.)

Bookmark the FreeSCAN user guide, found here in the Wiki.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Patrick,

I just sent you a copy of mine. It's not for your area but at least you can pick it apart without fear of losing your own data.

Status
Not open for further replies.