• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I need a UHF W9 astro spectra code plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiodude123

I need the capability for a W9 head on an astro spectra UHF. Either 438-470 or 450-512 will work.
S record or archive.
Thanks

radiodude123

So you're reasoning for not sharing a code plug with me is just because that's something you wouldn't do !??!?!

Last edited:

NavyBOFH

Premium Subscriber
Let's explain why some are hesitant to help...

1) What you asked for is too vague to even start to help. OK, you want a "codeplug" for a W9 head UHF Astro Spectra, and then list two different band splits. Then you also ask for an s-rec for the same thing.

2) Most of what you're asking to do invokes the use of "restricted" software which is not discussed on this forum AT ALL. EVER.

Now - I know what you're trying to get done and I don't blame you since I have been there and since Motorola hasn't supported these radios in a LONG time, it is a gray area. Now I can give you some information to help you with this. For one, you need a SPECIFIC s-rec and codeplug for what you're trying to accomplish. If your radio is an R-split or an S-split model, you'll have to put THAT specific s-rec and codeplug into the radio. You'll also need to either save your tuning values or expect to go through the unit with a service monitor to get it working again.

So what you asked for is pretty much the technician's equivalent of saying "I want you to load a gun for me and I'll shoot my own foot off". If you can provide better specifics (within the forum rules) people might be able to be more helpful - but coming off as 1) needy, 2) uneducated, and 3) cocky/arrogant about your "lack of help" isn't going to help.

radiodude123

But a code plug is what I'm asking for. Nothing else ! And that is not restricted !
You can infer anything you want, but that is pure speculation !
Any code plug for a UHF astro spectra in the ranges specified will work for my purpose.
Thank you
P.S. actually I would prefer archive format and not s record !

NavyBOFH

Premium Subscriber
But a code plug is what I'm asking for. Nothing else ! And that is not restricted !
You can infer anything you want, but that is pure speculation !
Any code plug for a UHF astro spectra in the ranges specified will work for my purpose.
Thank you
P.S. actually I would prefer archive format and not s record !

I wasn't ever trying to infer anything - just to try and clear up and confusion and reiterate some of the rules here so no one can ever accuse someone of talking about restricted software.

That being said, I only have a VHF W9 present in my stash of junk here. I hope someone can chime in here with some help.

Have you tried the Codeplug Supersite for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radiodude123

Hi Navy
Yes that is about the only code plug the supersite doesn't have ;-)
I have a UHF W9 astro spectra with a badly corrupted codeplug. Can't even read it.
I'll try anything at this point.
thanks

ledzep11

Astro spectra R split UHF W9 s record

I am in need of a UHF R split W9 s record as well. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.