I need a VHF radio for real cheap or free with programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Hey I am a volunteer fire fighter and I need a VHF radio with programming please or if u give it to me for free that would be great. Thanks

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Hey I am a volunteer fire fighter and I need a VHF radio with programming please or if u give it to me for free that would be great. Thanks

just to help you out a little bit, i would check the classifieds section first

second, i highly doubt ANYONE would pass up a radio for free

last, alot of members have equipment they dont really use or just have laying around are posted in the classifieds but some are cheap and some are not.

D

DaveNF2G

If you need a radio, then your agency should offer an official way for you to get one. There are far too many unauthorized portables in volunteer firefighter hands as it is.

ptfd13

If you need a radio, then your agency should offer an official way for you to get one. There are far too many unauthorized portables in volunteer firefighter hands as it is.

This is not exactly true. Some small volunteer departments may only have enough money to outfit their trucks with a radio for each seat and those radios will stay on the truck. Some may be able to afford pagers but where I used to live the smaller departments would require their members to find and buy their own radio or just go with a cheap scanner with little to no reimbursment. So say what you like but where you live could be completely different from other areas.

sfd119

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Puxing 777 would work great and they are cheap.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't use a Puxing on anything remotely close to Public Safety.

You can pick up an HT750 pretty cheap these days.

sfd119

He said cheap, VHF radio.

Furthermore, Puxing 777 plus models are legit for use in the public bands. They are FCC certified:
FCC ID: UBYQZPUXING02

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.