I need Help! BCD-996XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfd238

Premium Subscriber
I have a new BCD-996XT and the BuTel ARC-XT PRO Software..Every time I try to read my scanner it says Serial Port not avalb. or being used by other software. I dont know what to do! Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MFD238

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Something is grabbing your serial port. Do you have a Blackberry, USB driven camera, Bluetooth - something that would do this? Go into Device Manager and take a look at the COM ports that are allocated and available.

I assume you are using a USB-serial cable. You may need to change COM port assignments to something that won't get grabbed. 73 Mike

garys

Premium Subscriber
In ARCXT, go to "Scanner" then "Communication Set Up". Then click on "Auto Detect Scanner". If that doesn't work, click on "Open Device Manager" and look at the Comm Port set up. Tell us what you see there and maybe someone can help.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Does your computer actually have a serial port? Many, if not most of the new ones do not. The radio is suppled with a DB9 RS232 serial cable. Or as others have ask, are you using some type of Serial-to-USB adapter/cable?

ou99

ARCxt-Pro

Assuming you are properly connected via a working port, are you using Virtual Control?. VC seizes the port and causes this message. The VC window must be closed before attempting to up/down loading data.

Status
Not open for further replies.