I need help with MSWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
I just recently received my Whistler trx 2 and I have used the ez-scan software to program it and it’s works my trouble is with the Trunked radio system!
I live in Mississippi and the TGID only picks up sometimes! Hopefully someone can help Thanks in advanced

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is this the trunked system you are attempting to monitor? Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) Trunking System, Jackson, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies (radioreference.com) I don't see any talkgroups for Attala County on this system. You will not be able to monitor MS Highway Patrol. The TE in the Mode column indicates they are fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. What statewide talkgroups interest you? If you attach your configuration file, I will check it for problems. Click on Attach files and Open the file.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which counties do you cover and do you want any talkgroups other than the 2 MedStat EMS talkgroups in Wide Area EMS and Air Ambulance? Do you want any of the conventional Fire, EMS, and Law frequencies and in which counties?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
It may not be carried on the site you are trying to monitor. Since scanners have to passively monitor what is available on the tower, if no authorized user has it selected in their radio the tower won't carry the talkgroup.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Have you updated your library? Medstat has not been on wide area very long. They have 2 talkgroups Make sure that you have the right towers programmed. I even hear them in Warren County on these towers. Verify that you have the service type checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.